Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had to fix my block heater cord today and i pulled the air box lid out for some extra room and discovered this. NOT HAPPY! I wonder how long its been like this.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
05 stock airbox had same issue when in the drifts on a country road.....pretty much killed any power it had....knew right away.

Also when plowing and wing-ing it to the right I have to be cautious about how fast and the amount of snow-dust I kick up...will plug that up in a hurry too.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
wild, heard about that but never experienced it myself.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
On the subject of heating, I use a pan heater as well as the block heater. On the one -30 morning I still felt heat on the top of the engine.

And at work I also plug in an interior warmer!!

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
Theo has his thread about adding a Wabesto.
I just parked my truck. TDI is easier to deal with in these temps. I have a recirc heater in it. Makes one heck of a difference.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have that same intake and last two days in this cold have been experiencing reduced power messages. On my insight it shows my vane position functioning proper but reading no boost. Have not looked at it yet but I was leaning towards maybe bad connection on the map sensor, but this makes sense.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My intake wasnt a 1/10 as bad as yours. Read codes with efi P0107 as I thought. Have 5 volts at the plug. Looks like the MAP plug ground connection may not have been making good contact so I spread all three connections to make sure they were tight. Havent took it for a test drive yet maybe on sunday if it actually warms up.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Wow ive never had that happen before to my truck

·
Registered
41 Posts
I haven't had any issues as of yet. I'm going to check mine and see how it looks.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was thinking about finding someone to swap their stock intake for mine because most of the snow is probably coming from the hole in the bottom where the super scoop is supposed to fit, but i cant use that anymore because of the iron cross bumper.

Its still a toss up. Might just get some of that breathable fabric that snowmobiles use for vents and cover up all the holes.

On another unrelated topic, nailed a deer doing around 80-90 km/hr the other night with the iron cross bumper. Wasnt a super big deer but the only damage i suffered was a tweaked bumper bracket! About 1 hour straightening it out and some re welding the crappy iron cross weld and you cant tell I took a hit! Paid for itself right there.

·
R.I.P. Sam
32,078 Posts
On another unrelated topic, nailed a deer doing around 80-90 km/hr the other night with the iron cross bumper. Wasnt a super big deer but the only damage i suffered was a tweaked bumper bracket! About 1 hour straightening it out and some re welding the crappy iron cross weld and you cant tell I took a hit! Paid for itself right there.
You should load some pics in your garage with the bumper, hard to see in your avatar

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
I had this happen in a blizzard when driving from North Bay Ontario to Timmins one day...and my AFE filter (inside a stock airbox), got completely full of snow.!! All the fine stuff that sprays into the air when a Semi goes by the other way..?? that'll do it for sure.

Had to stop in Kamiskaming I think it was called, took my filter out and sat in the restaurant had a coffee and proceeded to blow dry the sucker off in the bathroom.!! It worked - put it back in, cleared the codes and it was good to go.

Theo

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Here is one pre-econoline meeting.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Lots of issues with the 08 and up too.. I must have been lucky never had any issues..Now with the twin set up it is wide open filter and no issues and I am in the snow a lot..
Nice to have that assurance that your bumpers will save you.. I sold my brother a 81 Chevrolet 3500 with a home made Bush bumper and winch grill guard.. That truck was a beast 454 on propane, flat deck. On the way back to tumbler Ridge BC he hit a moose at 60 mph. Cracked windshield from moose lips was all lol..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Has anyone seen there MAP sensor lock up in colder temps?
I have experienced this a few times now when the temps are below 0 monitoring with a edge insight my MAP is not reading and shows 0 boost. Leads to reduced power messages and eventually p0106 p0107 codes if ran long enough. I have checked and I have 5 volts at the plug and tightened up all three connections to make sure they make solid contact. Works fine when it isnt so cold but as soon as it drops I see this issue. Possible the sensor is on its way out?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe you need to clean the sensor? Are you running an oiled filter?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts