Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my 2002 Duramax on a new 04, was wondering how long to wait until putting on the Juice.

BTW- the new truck seems snappier than the old truck (stock), nearly as snappy as the Juice Level 2. Can't wait to add the Juice to see what it will do! Anybody notice the 2004's being stronger than the supposedly sluggish 2003's?

I'm happy so far.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
I couldn't see any reason not to put the Juice on right out of the GM box in LOWER levels while breaking it in .... Keep up the rigid break in fluid change maintenance schedule and you would be good to go IMO .... Git 5 K on the newbie and some gauges and let her rip ....

Good luck .....

Mac

·
Registered
133 Posts
good advice mac....i let mine get 5 on her before i bombed it ....55k no real problems to speak of....except i cant keep tires on the darn thing for some reason

·
Registered
369 Posts
i had 1500 on mine when it got "attitude", couldn't wait!! I figure i run my fresh race bike motors for about 30-40 minutes before they get thrashed down the dragstrip so 1500 miles ought to work for the truck. I'm sure mine will loosen up some more by about 5k and only get better.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I put my Predator on my truck at 800 miles. I think it helped break it in right. Also on the 03's sluggishness issue, my dad has a 02 3500 2wd that felt quicker than my 03 2500. The Dually ran 17.0's stock, and my 2500 4x4 ran 16.4's. My buddy has an 03 identical to mine, except for the color, and it felt quicker than mine, but were side by side racing. Seat of the pants is very misleading.

And on a side note, the stock tires lasted 8,000 miles. Got to love all of that torque.Edited by: dieselfumes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts