Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother's 01 started leaking coolant. It appears to be coming from the water pump. Does anyone know the approximate time it would take to replace it?

·
Registered
692 Posts
its been some time scence i have done on on an 8.1 my guess is 2.0 hrs or so. its not bad lots to remove on thr front and dont be fooled by a leaking water crossover leak. the tube from one head to the other

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just did it and replaced A/C tensioner. Took about 4.5 hrs. But that includes driving to parts store and waiting on them to Find the pump (drive is 20min each way alone) I'd say if id have had the part on me it would have been a two hour job max. Hardest pet is figuring out how to get the fan off. Horrible design. I ended up being able to wedge an Alan wrench behind the fan pulley into a hole in the water pump spindle and was able to get the nut on/off.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Just did it and replaced A/C tensioner. Took about 4.5 hrs. But that includes driving to parts store and waiting on them to Find the pump (drive is 20min each way alone) I'd say if id have had the part on me it would have been a two hour job max. Hardest part is figuring out how to get the fan off. Horrible design. I ended up being able to wedge an Alan wrench behind the fan pulley into a hole in the water pump spindle and was able to get the nut on/off.
X2.
Took me about 2.5 hrs to do mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts