Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many delivery times noted in different threads. I am looking for a realistic time to get a D-Max to Fort Collins, Colorado. When should I order it to expect to have it by May 1st.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Heh order it now. I put my order in Dec 8th, its not being built until next week. Target Production week of 1/23. Thats 6 weeks just get a build date, granted GM closed down for Christmas. Once its built I'm expecting another 4-5 week delivery time but they do seem to be getting better since the Christmas Break.

If you want it by May you better hurry up IMO.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Dealers are telling me that normally it takes about 6 weeks from order, but now, there is no guarantee about anything. Dealers are being told not to quote anything. This isn't good!! This is why I spend about 3 hours looking at vehicles in a 200 mile radius on the Chevy website under "find a vehicle". I found what I want, just confirming some of the information before I put the $$$ down.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
From what I can tell delivery dates are more about GM being screwed up than all the weanie excuses like Katrina! The reason I say that is that trucks built weeks after mine have been delivered, while I'm still waiting! There's no consistency that might support a specific problem like rail car shortages. My truck has been sitting at the local rail yard in California for 11 days! How did Katrina cause that? I'm at 85 days and hoping to get mine in tomorrow or the next day according to GM! I'm not holding my breath! :confused:

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Ordered 11/4/05 & picked it up 12/8/05 LBZ. They said 5 or 6 weeks when I ordered and I thought that was too long, but kept looking forward to delivery & it was well worth the wait. Don't know this time of the year or location may change time it takes. Anyone close to N.E. Tx, my dealer will probally beat what you are looking at $$$ E-mail if interested.
Have a nice day!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ordered mine in Kansas City first week of December. Dealer says it is on a rail car headed this way. He has the invoice and according to him, they have 5 days to get it to the dealer. It really sounds like a crap shoot as to how long it would take. I say order it now!

·
Registered
255 Posts
six to 8 weeks is normal order to delivery time. This is what i tell my customers and if it happens quicker great, but it usually falls into that time frame.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe that a lot has to do with what you ordered and where you live, I ordered my CC SB 2WD Dec 1, between Christmas and New Year I got a call from the salesman telling me that the truck had been built and that I had the choice of locking up the Red Tag price.
The truck arrived Jan 5 and I picked up Jan 6. I live in PA so I think it all involves what railroad and how much trucking is done, as I have read being sold makes a difference in threm expediting the delivery

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Yep, my holdup was the railyard. I was told 8 weeks to get it. I ordered 11-17-05. It was built the week before Christmas and put on a railcar the week after Christmas. It made it all the way to Houston by New Years Eve (Actually was at the railyard in Houston @ 4:45AM on 12-31-05). The dealer didn't get it until 1-7-06. I talked to Union Pacific and the local transport company they worked with and found out Unio Pacific doesn't get in a real rush and doesn't care. I would tell them there was time bomb about to go off and give them the rail car and they really wouldn't be able to track down the rail car. They said they just don't operate that railyard that way. I would say GM should find a new transport company, but there isn't exactly a ton of competition.

·
Registered
161 Posts
delivery date

I ordered on 10-01-0 and took delivery on 1-10-06 that included the three days for the lift kit and tire and wheel package to be installed

·
Registered
339 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts