Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off: there is no BS in this statment contrary to what you might think, i did these numbers three times this week in a 206(measured by garman gps) mile return trip in perfect driving conditions at 74mph(single lane) two thirds the time, and 80mph(doubble lane) one third, i also filled at three different gas stn. to prove pump accuracy, the truck took 8.12, 8.14, and 8.05 us gallons, mileage works out to 25 to 25.5mpg, NOT pulling anything

now how i am getting it

i have from the first mile on the truck been running the vanaken smartbox E, and allways on the 110hp setting, pulling or not, in the last two weeks i have bought the downloader pup from bully_dog, they told me, they have to remove timing from the pup because of the timing the smartbox E allready has, they also had told me of the great mileage the pup deleivers, but had no info on the stack of the two, i run the pup on the 70hp level, with as of today no problems, i do not have many miles on this combo yet, but so far all great, prior to the pup i was making about 22 to 23mpg, i also run k&n airfilter, 4" exahust, and 285*75*16 TIRES, i am also finding with the tire correction adjustment in the pup my message center average mpg is deadly, if any one else has this combo, please report your results,
Edited by: fredw

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Wondering if all your calculations are done with actual pen and paper with mileage traveled and gallons to fill ??

Mac

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
the power pup must really be a miracle worker........maybe all those potatoes up there just make them smarter........hey check this one

sdaver wrote:
got juice
you did this with a duramax or what........stock tranny would not begin to hold those numbers.........or it was a spike...........?

no spike... stock auto tranny.... i did it in 4th gear 2/3 throttle. Juice was starting to defuel beyond that hp level so i basically held it at 2/3 for a nice smooth dyno plot. here is some linkage for ya!

http://www.nwbombers.com/cgi-bin/fo...36f347e35b70b3aed1e428c321;act=ST;f=21;t=4449

and on the tdr

http://www.tdr1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=443303ba063da893f686970c9382bea9&threadid=82829

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
sdaver said:
the power pup must really be a miracle worker........maybe all those potatoes up there just make them smarter........hey check this one

sdaver wrote:
got juice
you did this with a duramax or what........stock tranny would not begin to hold those numbers.........or it was a spike...........?

no spike... stock auto tranny.... i did it in 4th gear 2/3 throttle. Juice was starting to defuel beyond that hp level so i basically held it at 2/3 for a nice smooth dyno plot. here is some linkage for ya!

http://www.nwbombers.com/cgi-bin/fo...36f347e35b70b3aed1e428c321;act=ST;f=21;t=4449

and on the tdr

http://www.tdr1.com/forums/showthread.php?s=443303ba063da893f686970c9382bea9&threadid=82829

The only thing i do not like about this programmer is the fact that power is full on before engine is at normal operating temps and there is a little too much timing in the programming IMHO... and yes i have seen close to 24 MPG (US) if i am careful with the acc pedal

·
Registered
97 Posts
Refilled tonight after running a tank with the Stealth at 110HP setting. 90% highway, half of that at about 55mph and half at about 75mph. DIC was reporting an average of 26.1 mpg but the math on paper worked out to 18.1 mpg!
(I knew it was too good to believe, based on where my fuel guage was at)

Previously, if I had driven like this in stock form, I would have seen about 19 mpg and the DIC would have been dead on to the pen & paper calcs.

This was using Shell UltraDiesel for the first time (not sure if it has the demulsifier or not - no info. on their web site
).

Anyone know which level of the stealth is the most fuel efficient?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
as you can tell by my post, all done on paper, 206 miles, just over 8 gallons us, which is exactly the same as the display reads, this mileage i know seams high , but its their, driving in a city will bring it down

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Did you top off on the last fillup, then stop this time when it hit 3/4 tank?

·
Registered
704 Posts
HDLD said:
Refilled tonight after running a tank with the Stealth at 110HP setting. 90% highway, half of that at about 55mph and half at about 75mph. DIC was reporting an average of 26.1 mpg but the math on paper worked out to 18.1 mpg!
(I knew it was too good to believe, based on where my fuel guage was at)

Previously, if I had driven like this in stock form, I would have seen about 19 mpg and the DIC would have been dead on to the pen & paper calcs.

This was using Shell UltraDiesel for the first time (not sure if it has the demulsifier or not - no info. on their web site
).

Anyone know which level of the stealth is the most fuel efficient?

I have found the 110hp setting to get the best milage. I never use the other 3 settings. Even for towing, the temps are fine with the 110hp as long as I keep my eye on the EGT guage when on the on-ramp or pulling a hill. My DIC shows 29-30 on every tank (not towing) as long as I stay under 80mph. Using pen and paper, it comes out to 20.5mpg. My worst (non-towing) tank in the past 5000 miles has been 17.8mpg, but I was really beating on it. I don't think I could ever get 25mpg, but it sure would be nice. Edited by: Amric

·
Registered
97 Posts
Amric, thanks for the feedback. I'll continue running it on 110 for a while then and see if there is any variation. I was hoping for an increase of a couple mpg. I'd be very happy with 22. I've had as high as 20.5 in totally stock form, so 18.1 was a bit of a disappointment but maybe I was leaning on it more than I thought at times.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
keep in mind my dic display in the truck as well was always off with my 110vanaken, but with the downloader pup now i can correct the tire sise,to make my speedometer read correctly,
about 8percent change on mileage which has brought my display to read the same as the math

·
Registered
59 Posts
When using power enhancing products I am always concerned about temps and trans damage. My question to those who use the power products is: How is the stock allison trans holding up under the additional HP? I have debated adding a performance enhancing product to my D/A due to possible damage to the vehicle. One thing I do not want to do is make mods to the allison to handle such HP develped. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"When using power enhancing products I am always concerned about temps and trans damage. My question to those who use the power products is: How is the stock allison trans holding up under the additional HP? I have debated adding a performance enhancing product to my D/A due to possible damage to the vehicle. One thing I do not want to do is make mods to the allison to handle such HP develped. Any insight is greatly appreciated."

I FEEL THE SAME WHEN IT COMES TO SPENDING MONEY ON THE ALLISION, what i do know is i have been running the 110va since new,35k now and no tranny problems i am aware of, there is another 5 freinds that are running the 110 as well on stock fourm with no problems to date, we all see the mileage increase as well, not as high as the power pup stack that is

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I limped mine a couple of times with propane. At 60,000 miles, she still works flawlessly. Still running propane.... since about 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
As far as I know, the DIC will NOT work correctly if you have a box installed. This is because the DIC does not actually measure the gallons used, but estimates the gallons used based on the fuel charts in the pcm and how the pcm has used them. My best mileage to date was from Flagstaff, AZ, to Las Vegas, NV, cruise on 75 mph for 2/3's and 65 mph for the other 1/3. My pen and paper mileage was 21.5 mpg. My DIC mileage was 32.3 mpg. Superchip tuner set on power level 1 (55 hp). My best towing was 13.2 mpg. BTW, I still have the stock tires.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does anyone know where I can purchase the 110va power module from a on-line merchant that is reputable, easy-to-deal-with, and has great after the sale support?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know where I can purchase the 110va power module from a on-line merchant that is reputable, easy-to-deal-with, and has great after the sale support?

email me at [email protected] we can discuss in more detail

1 - 16 of 16 Posts