Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the chance to run the va 180 w/ ppe hot stack. I've got a 5 inch w/ no muffler. Also running the boost stick. The most boost I see is 34-35 range. What type of egt temps are guys seeing that have run this setup regularly? I see 750 to 800 at 65 mph. Mash the pedal & you use the "A" in Auto meter to read temps on this beast. Don't get me wrong I know why I get this high of temps, just curious if this is similar to the va/ppe stack that is so well known.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
if you go anything over 1400 don't do it for along time i am talking about seconds. if you do you are going to start buring things up.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you go anything over 1400 don't do it for along time i am talking about seconds. if you do you are going to start buring things up.
Too late!! Crossed that 1400 mark a little too much.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
They all run hot, Shane!

Just don't look at the gauge!:ro)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Edge default is 1350 for defueling. I wouldn't think that would cause issues even when towing up a grade for a bit of time. . . . What do you guys think?

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Whats your boost gauge go to? 35? 60? I was pegging my 35lb gauge easily with the boost stick so I removed it.

I can just about peg my 1600* egt gauge too but will let off very quickly.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Those temps are in line with what I was seeing with that stack. I could bury my EGT gauge at 1600 easily, and did it countless times. I'm sure my turbo was not impressed. I'm running a single tune now that FEELS stronger, runs cooler, and smokes less. Only the track will tell if it's actually faster...

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those temps are in line with what I was seeing with that stack. I could bury my EGT gauge at 1600 easily, and did it countless times. I'm sure my turbo was not impressed. I'm running a single tune now that FEELS stronger, runs cooler, and smokes less. Only the track will tell if it's actually faster...
OH boy, your not running a "Drifting Bob" tune are you?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
:exactly: ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts