Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" UNABLE="on" width="100%">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">How high of HP can you go with the allison before getting into serious damge. I am going to run a programmer that adds 140Hp and i will only use that much HP to kick the SH!T out of some chick at my school who thinks her honda civic is the best. When i am not having this much HP i will have it at about the 70-90 HP mark.</TD></TR>
<TR UNABLE="on" hb_tag="1">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
depending on the box you use you may run into trouble. if you use something with some tranny protection built in 120HP is about as much as you can run long term. to give you an example, i limped my tranny with a 100HP predator tune on it. you have to remember that every time you limp your allison you are hurting it. its a great tranny and can take lots of abuse but its holding capacity will diminish over time. after limping mine several times it got easier and easier to do it. your tranny may be able to hold 140Hp for a while, but it won't last forever like that...

if you're not looking to go to a extremely high HP level you might want to install a transgo kit and converter. just remember, once you start limping it you will be burning you clutches and they will have to be replaced when the tranny gets upgraded.

Nick

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
well I ran a FWD(not all wheel) turbo eclipse that was close to stock in my truck from a stop(I didnt think he was going so I didnt build boost and launched in 2wd) with my 125hp juice and ran dead even with him till we shut down at 70. Did I mention I had 1000# of rock in the back
. 140 will hurt the alli especially in 5th and 140 programer is way over kill unless this civic is some kinda nutty rice rocket. get a 90hp juice and be done with it till you get an upgraded trany. Be safe and be happy. a 125hp juice is pushing the edge IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts