Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric,

Thanks for posting the pics of the injectors in the Duramax board. Very interesting.

Are there really any tricks to replacing injectors, special tools, etc. that would keep an old wrench turner like me from replacing them.

It would appear to me that it's just extremely tedious removing all the crap, er, ah stuff on top to get to them? I recall the picture of you working on a truck from which you had removed the front wheels and set 'er down on the ball joints! Very clever.

Does one need a Tech II when done or will the ECM "relearn" the new injectors over time?

Sure hoping some after market ones (and less expensive) appear before I need them.

George

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
The job is not really as hard as most make it sound, but then again, I have replaced enough to make it habit.. The valve covers are held with allen head bolts and the drivers side towards the back are a little tight but I have an allen socket with a swivel on it, very handy. As far as tools go, the only 'special tools' you would need is the puller for the injector, it would be a pain to do it with out...but it can be had for less then 50 bucks.

Tech-2 would only be needed to clear codes if some were set

Diesel Dynamics offers aftermarket injectors for around 1200 bucks with exchange, I havent found a guinea pig yet though.

Eric

1 - 2 of 2 Posts