Diesel Place banner

How do you remove the fuel tank on 95 Tahoe? We have the straps loose. And the fuel t

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  jrsavoie 
#1 ·
How do you remove the fuel tank on 95 Tahoe?
We have the straps loose. And the fuel tank didn't budge with pry bars on it.

Any advice would be appreciated

#3 · (Edited)
We pried with a good sized crow bar and finally got it down.

It is leaking. Can anybody help out with a best place to buy a good quality replacement tank and/or part number?

What do I use to replace the rubber sound deadening pieces? Can those be purchased?

#4 ·
I found out that while the Tahoes, Yukons have a different part number, the cross members off a Suburban or 4 door Tahoe / Yukon will work. They have an extra rivot on the top compared to the Tahoe. I just left the hole empty since there was no corresponding hole on the TAhoe

I still have not got the tank back on. I've been working on other stuff while I wait on a couple of parts.

The Fuel Tank Insulators for the Tahoe are GM part number 15705173 - the 2 foam strips that provide a cushion between the tank and the cross member It takes 2 Insulators. They come one in a package for about $5 each

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.