Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove the armrests on the front bucket seats? I need to remove them in order to get the zipper on the rear of the seat repaired.

Thanks

·
Registered
509 Posts
You have to pull the seat cover up above the pivot point. Play around with the foam and you notice you can pull it back and see the end of the pivot shaft. There is a lil geezus clip holding it in place. It's the same kind used to hold window cranks on. You may be able to use a window crank clip removal tool. I just used a small screwdriver to push it off. It was NOT a fun thing to do. When you put the armrest back on you will need to hold the clip in place with one hand while pushing the armrest in with the other. After taking mine off I had to use pliers to close the clip a bit so it would stay in place for reassembly.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it out. In case anyone is curious, there are spring washers pushing the armrest away from the seat. You have to push the armrest towards the seat, while you push the armrest towards the back of the truck. The armrest will rotate past the vertical position, and then you can pull it out. The clips might be how the newer ones are attached.Edited by: GregAbell

·
Registered
509 Posts
Soory, I didn't notice what year yours was. I wish they had stayed with that system. It sounds MUCH easier!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts