Diesel Place banner

How do you keep your BLACK truck looking new???

1K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  03GMC2500HD 
#1 ·
I am just wondering what kinda tricks you guys use when washing your black truck? I bought a really good wash mitt, but am afriad to use it on the black paint cause I don't want those tiny little scratches in the clear coat that look like S*#T in the sunlight. How are you guys washing your BLACK trucks? Touch free? Does "touch-free" REALLY get the truck clean? Help me out here...

#2 ·
From my experience, the only way to keep um clean was to not buy one:lol:

#9 ·
:funnypost

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! :p:

had one black vehicle, '89 Formula...vowed to never own black again!

#3 ·
Thanx for the help SMART-A$$!!!!!!

#4 ·
I got one and I have the dredded SWIRL MARKS. I was told terri cloth was the best. My only problem is that I do a lot of camping in the woods and the tree limbs wont move out of the way. I might have them buffed out this spring at a detail shop and just try to be move carefull. I got black because the wife fell in love with the truck and it was the ONLY one on the lot with all the options I wanted after the big EMPLOYYE SALE wiped inventories out. So try some good terri cloth. It is very soft

#5 ·
i have found that the best way to hide the swirl marks - is to wash the truck twice a year whether it needs it or not... the road chili hides all kinds of paint imperfections...
:sheephump

#6 ·
I use lots of water to rinse it first, a soap that get real soapy ( I like the turtle wax car wash) to float the dirt away, and I dry it with a soft terry towel (my wifes old bath towels), and make sure they are clean. Also don't use fabric softner on the towels, they won't hold as much water and it leaves streaks on the body and the glass. I also use ZYMOL its a wax/polish that works great on dark colors to emove swirl and scratch marks. I've been using it on my '99 'burb for the past 7 years and the black looks as good the day I bought it.

Rob

#7 ·
Not to be smart aleck here but when I was 40+ yrs younger my father had a welding truck for his business, a BLACK one and inlater years a RED one and I never got so tired of washing them to keep the dirt down or the swirl marks off. If we had marks, we then had to wax so you can guess what 2 colors this guy will never own.

Phillip
03 DA, I LUV my truck

#8 ·
Here or search in other words...

Look at Autopia for info and join DC for products and more help.

#11 ·
I've had black vehicles and the swirls always came from car washes. As long as you wash by hand, and have a good coat of wax, you should be fine. To remove the swirls, I've used Mothers products and have been happy.

#12 ·
In the 70's I had a black 71 Nova SS. It had to be washed twice a week and waxed once a week

#13 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.