Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm getting ready to upgrade my trans cooler and there is some kind of plastic clip on the end of the line by the fitting that goes in the cooler. Does anyone know how to open/remove this without breaking it?

I plan on taking the fitting out of the cooler, cutting it and having it brazed to a cut 12AN brass fitting for the Setrab 11x11x2" cooler I got to replace that limp little factory one. This way I retain the factory connections and lines without having to cut anything. All I have to do is fab up new brackets to mount it to the factory locations.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Mike's cooler kit already has the factory ends installed so you don't have to cut or braze anything, it's a straight swap.

The little plastic piece is just a cover to keep the metal clip from falling out, just slide it down the tube so you can get to the clip and then remove the clip and with a little pull the tube should pop out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just stick a small screwdriver between the plastic collar and the metal fitting and twist it and it will pry the collar away from the fitting. Then use a small pick to remove the retaining clip from the grooves in the fitting. Just be carefull not to pry on the line too hard, when removing it fromt the fitting, so you don't do any damage to the end that goes into the fitting. If I were you, I would look into Mike's cooler. I have installed a few of these and they are the perfect part for the job. NO BRAINER.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts