Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my truck with 130k and it seemed like it had been unmodified. I just got a juice/attitude and was warned about running it in 4th and 5th position because of the tranny. But I've tried it and the sucker won't slip or backdown. I've hammered the crap out of it and it hasn't limped or registered any backdown on the attitude display. Has the Ally been modified? How can I tell? Or am I just lucky? I have it set to defuel on 4 and 5, and honestly have tried it without, and no slippage! What do you guys think?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
From the outside there is no real way to tell,unless the case is painted of course. You could take out the TC inspection plate and see if the TC has been upgraded.Most are painted.Your only other options is bring it to a shop and have main line pressure checked.Hope it offers a clue

Just because it hasn't slipped or gone into a safe mode yet doesn't mean it wont.Just be prepared.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
About the only other possible way to tell is if you drive a truck that you know is stock and feel the TC lockup. If your trans was upgraded to at least a tripple disc and shift kit you should be able to feel the difference when the TC locks up between yours and the known stock one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts