Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Ideas?

·
Registered
86 Posts
04 or 04.5

I think that if you look at the 8th digit in your serial number that would tell you as if it is a "2" it would be an LLY or 04.5.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
x2 to what he said

·
Registered
354 Posts
8th digit will be a 2 if it is a 04.5 if it is a 1 it is an 04

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
What they said: 8th digit in the VIN"1"= LB7; "2"= LLY engine. Whether there are other differences, I don't know.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You can look in the glove box for the codes also.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You can also look at the Bosch controller on the front passenger side of the engine...If it says 300 HP its an '04, (or LB7)...If it says 310 HP its a '04.5, (or an LLY)...

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
If the injectors go bad then it's an LB7. If it overheats, it's an LLY.:D

·
Registered
2,789 Posts

·
Diesel Master, Formerly goth2o
5,510 Posts
I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but anything manufactured 12/04 or later is an 04.5. Well, I guess not anything, but you know what I mean.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mine was made 07/04 and it is an LLY, so I do not think it had to be December or later??

·
5,510 Posts
Mine was made 07/04 and it is an LLY, so I do not think it had to be December or later??

Sorry, I meant 1/04 :eek:. 12/03 and earlier were LB7's ;).
12/04 would make it an 05.

·
Registered
735 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
If the injectors go bad then it's an LB7. If it overheats, it's an LLY.:D
I don't know what you guys are talking about. My lly has never overheated ......

since my V2 installation!!!:D

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
If the injection lines go into the valve covers, it's an LB7 and an '04. If the lines and injectors are "notched" into the valve covers, it's an '04.5 and an LLY.

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't know what you guys are talking about. My lly has never overheated ......

since my V2 installation!!!:D

After what kind of weight, hilly mountainous roads, or climate conditions does this overheating common on an LLY?

I just bought one, yet to tow, but it will tow a 6X12 cargo trailer with 6K pounds average. I live in Atlanta, and drive over some of the Smokey Mountains here and there, winter and summer, will this be an overheating concoction, or is it only when 10K or more?

just so I know what to expect.....

Cheers for any advice.

·
5,510 Posts
I use mine for the truck it's meant to be and I've never had any overheat issues either.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts