Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my 2500HD LB EC D/A on January 30. Sales manager says I will get a TPW assigned next week.

Once I have the TPW, what can be done to improve it?

When in the process will the dealer be able to get a VIN number?

I have $1,000 that goes away on 3-15 if I can't complete the sale. Sales Manager says if he has the VIN number, he can force the sale through to lock in my $3,500 incentives.

Any of you have experience with this process?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I would have to say nothing can be done since it is all up to GM once the TPW is issued, at that point I would not make any changes to the order much after the TPW is given (color change, add or remove options etc..). The main thing I will say is; if your unsure of an option get it. I was not sure I wanted the XM radio and now kinda wish I added it.

Just my .02 cents.

It's a long wait and I can tell you it is hard to deal with at times. The end is the hardest part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by: Voodoo

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'll wish you luck, but it don't look good....

The Pontiac stuff, RC's and EC's, seems to take longer than the CC's coming out of Flint. GMC's take longer than bowties.

You'll get a TPW in about a month if things follow form. There are always exceptions, but most of us have been 8 or 9 weeks getting EC's. Mine was 10 weeks, but included the Christmas break and the LLY change over. You're looking for a 3100 VOMS code and I don't think there's anything you or your dealer can do to speed up the process.

The VIN will be available the day the truck is built, VOMS 3800. The invoice will be available the day the truck is built, VOMS 4150.

Good luck.....Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
80 Posts
Rollin' Thunder said:
I have $1,000 that goes away on 3-15 if I can't complete the sale. Sales Manager says if he has the VIN number, he can force the sale through to lock in my $3,500 incentives.

Rollin' Thunder-

Can I ask what is the additional $1000 you are talking about. I ordered my truck last week and was hoping I could take advantage of that money too!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The $1k is a certificate GMC mailed to me (as a prior purchaser of a Safari van). It's officially a "24 Hour Test Drive" certificate.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Isn't there also $1000 off for the (LT Models only) radio w/ 6 disc changer, XM, and OnStar? I forget the proper name they called it.

I ordered mine on Jan15th, TPW is Feb 23rd and delivery not till March 20?? I sure hope it doesn't take a month to get to CA!

Edited by: Mike330R

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
There is also the "Heavy Duty Power Pkg. Discount" of $1,000 which I received on my truck, in addition to the $2,500 cash rebate.

I Love My Truck!!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Bought my 04 in Nov. of 03 and got $3500 + $1000 with HD package + GM retire discount + great trade in on my 02 = me smiling ear to ear with much lower payment and lower registration ever year with a diesel. If I would have waited one month I would have only gotten the HD packaged and the trade in. Got lucky with a truck on the lot just how I'd order it. Minus I the XM but glad I got it for my hunting months.

cmc

·
Registered
80 Posts
CMC-GMC said:
Bought my 04 in Nov. of 03 and got $3500 + $1000 with HD package + GM retire discount + great trade in on my 02 = me smiling ear to ear with much lower payment and lower registration ever year with a diesel. If I would have waited one month I would have only gotten the HD packaged and the trade in. Got lucky with a truck on the lot just how I'd order it. Minus I the XM but glad I got it for my hunting months.

cmc

Rub it in

I just ordered mine and am looking for every red cent I can save!!!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I almost forgot, in addition to what I wrote above, the dealer also added a $500 bonus rebate that they can sometimes do if they want to. In my case, I was about to walk when they offered the additional $500. (I read about this somewhere once before, but forgot about it until they offered it to me.)

Once again, did I mention I LOVE MY TRUCK??!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts