Diesel Place banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i’m putting a holset hx35 on my 6.2 and I have heard these turbos on 6.2s I love the sound I just want to hear the whistle out the exhaust a little bit more. Does a wicked wheel help with that or does it just make it whistle more in the cab? If there are other ways of making it whistle more out the exhaust please let me know.
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
84 K30 CUCV 6.2, 98 Suburban 6.5, 99 Suburban 6.5, 06 Ram 5.9
30 Posts
Put a wicked wheel on my son's factory turbo, sounded the same. Im currently building an HX35 for my truck and from what I have read there were several different compressor wheels for the HX35's, 6 blade, 7 blade and 8 blade. 6 is supposed to be the loudest and 7 the most powerful.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Is it straight piped? I cut the muffler off my 6.5 when I had it which gave me a little turbo noise with the stock turbo. I am in Oregon with no inspections so not sure if this is an option for you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yup, his 6.5 and mine are both straight piped. And like you, no inspections here in Florida.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Like I said, still putting all the pieces together for my HX35 install, but from what I have read, and "heard" via YouTube videos, should be a decent whistle with the HX and straight pipes on our trucks

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,226 Posts
The simplest and cheapest way, blow a whistle when you are driving. :p

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
These work Great! To make Whistle out the exhaust. I was able to fit 4 of them with different tones in my exhaust. My truck whistles Dixie every time I mash the skinny pedal. Simple install !
Here are the 5 best ones.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I just ordered a Chrome 8" exhaust tip so I can fit more on! I wanna sound like a F-15 spooling up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts