Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a predator on xtreme setting, dropped my front end completely, and launch my truck on 4 high boosting bout 25 lbs and still can't beat a cc harley davidson with sct. He beats me by half a truck all the time, should i launch at higher rpms? Change programmers? Don't know what it is because everyother 6.0 is parked when i race them, its just his. Don't know what it could be. Maybe if i remove muffler air would exit faster giving me more power? I don't know:help:

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
I hear the SCT tune on the 6.0 is pretty powerful. He may just have more power than you. You could always do a stack and, if you haven't already, trans upgrades.

·
Registered
241 Posts
with a SCT we can get very high HP custom tunes( kinda like your EFI live just not as good) and your running a low end HP chip, so step it up a notch with your programing and you will be able to take him anytime.
He also could be stacking his truck, I run a Edge Juice w/Attitude and a Edge Evolution (or a superchips) in my 6.0 Cargo Van and I am in the high 13's on average.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
How are you launching at 25 lbs of boost...? I cant even get to about 16 lbs before my truck walks thru the brakes. And at 16 lbs its really a violent launch and I spin all 4 tires. I think to beat a good hot SCT you'll need a PPE Hot Xcellerator and at least a TransGo kit/triple disc torque converter.

--Ben

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
your right, im boosting at 15 lbs when i launch, that was a typo.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
The SCT trucks are quick because they can control the trans. He is also making more power than you.(If he has one of the Extreme tunes) Probably around 420 or so. Your stock trans. won't hold that much. If you really want to put it on him you will need to go into the trans. Then that opens up a whole new realm of power options. Bye Bye SCT.;)

You could try changing to a more powerful tuner on your stock trans. but it will be living on borrowed time. Your truck also won't be nearly as quick as it would be with a built trans, because the stock trans. internals will not hold more than 400 or so. If you continue to run it on the edge like that you will be upgrading the tranny anyway. Its best to do it now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The SCT tunes can make some power we did 434RWHP , with the trans programing they can be tough to beat , I know first hand.

GENE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.