Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am Ed, the Duramaxsuburban guy, I saw a few links to my site, I appreciate that. What I am looking for is a connection at GM where I can get my powertrains for my suburban conversions, I know a guy here in CO that buys gassers from GM that come on the front clip of the frame, I got my last Dmax like that from a guy in OH, but I need to know how I can get them directly from GM, anyone?

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
I supose I would start by asking my local dealer for suggestions and/or contacts. If that doesn't work, I would contact the zone office.

I Hope you're able to get a good relationship going with GM and get set up as an upfitter and can work something out with them so the powertrain will still get the GM warranty. Should be a very popular vehicle especially if you can get a factory warranty.

Saw the pictures on your website - Very nice job!!!:ro)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Welome, Ed.

Holy Crap!

If you can get a hook up at GM and make these beasts with a gm warranty put me down for one of the extra long models in 3/4 ton!

If GM ain't gonna make em then I'll buy 'em from whom ever can.

I am tired of waiting for the diesel Yukon XL.

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
Why doesn't GM make one?

·
Registered
940 Posts
their probly too busy designing their little hydrogen cars!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ed:

I have access to complete LB7 engines factory dressed. Also, a few test mules with less than 2,000 miles on them.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
You might want to try contacting RV makers, ambulance makers, or anyone else that buys "odd" setups and see if they have a contact. I bet you will have to go through their upfitter program or their fleet sales and not through a normal dealer. Here is the upfitter website, you might be able to find a contact there.

http://www.gmupfitter.com/

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanx

thank you for the info, I'll look into it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
call rusty langhorn at transwest, tell him what your looking to do and see what he has to say. you might be able to set up an account with them. their number is (720) 322-7200 or since your in colorado, just stop by and talk to them. they're at 96th and I-76.

eric

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanx

thank you eric I'll give him a call.

·
Registered
72 Posts
How much for the test mules dressed out? And where can I find a link to your d-max burbs? that would be a awsome rig. I could probally talk the wife our of her yukon but she would probally rather just have a d-max in it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just look at my public profile, the link to our web site is there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.