Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about ordering an 05 Silverado 2500HD and I really liked the Sunset Orange Metallic color, but that didn't last long. I kinda like this Sunburst Orange on the Colorado/Canyon twins so my question is, if Orange was a color for 2005, would anyone be interested?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ummmm No. Then again I'm not a fan of the Avalanche or the 03 Chevy front end and they're both selling pretty good so I must have a weird perspective on likes and dislikes
LOL.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Reineke said:
I am thinking about ordering an 05 Silverado 2500HD and I really liked the Sunset Orange Metallic color, but that didn't last long. I kinda like this Sunburst Orange on the Colorado/Canyon twins so my question is, if Orange was a color for 2005, would anyone be interested?

Check the code numbers - Sunburst Orange is the same color as Sunset Orange. I had a 2002 SO Avalanche - I liked the color a lot. I think the grey body cladding may have been part of the reason why I liked it - it made it so the orange wasn't overpowering.

Even the new Corvette (2004) is offered in Sunburst Orange.

On a crew cab Silverado, that'd be a lot of orange - maybe too much. On the other hand, if you were to have the bottom painted pewter to contrast with the orange, it might look real good. I have a buddy who did that with a solid red 2003 extended cab Silverado. It looks great.

·
Registered
349 Posts
When I was ordering my new truck last month, an option was a "special order" color ($280?). I asked the dealer what the color was and he had no idea. Could this have been the orange? I would have ordered it if it was. I like it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The "special order" color is what you want it to be. Kind of.

I don't remember what the exact number is -- I know it's relatively low though -- but if you can find X number of people who want a specific color GM will make them. You might have to wait until they have enough volume to do it, but then will make them.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your input, In my opinion Sunset and Sunburst a slightly different, but I have not seen them side by side. Sunset looks almost red and Sunburst has a brown tint to it until the sun hits it, then it is awesome. I send GM an e-mail and got back:

Dear Mr. Reineke,

Thank you for contacting Chevrolet and for your interest in the 2004/2005 Chevrolet Silverado! Whether or not Sunburst Orange will be made available for the 2005 model year Silverados is not known yet. We will have 2005 information available to us this summer. You can also always check with your preferred Chevrolet dealership as they will have new model information available to them at the earliest possible date.

Whether it's a Regular two-door or a four-door Extended or Crew Cab, Silverado boasts significant interior room and outstanding seating comfort. The Extended Cab has the industry's largest rear-door openings. A standard four-wheel disc brake system features four-wheel ABS.

The dual-zone heating, ventilation and air conditioning system, available with both manual and automatic climate control, provides outstanding comfort. Dual-zone controls allow the driver and front passenger to adjust the temperature to their own comfort levels - as much as a 30-degree Fahrenheit (16.7-degree Celsius) difference between the two front zones. The optional automatic system automatically controls air delivery, fan speed, temperature and recirculating/outside air to provide faster warmups and cooldowns.

Silverado 2500 models feature a standard CD player as well as exterior mirrors with power-tilt glass/power folding, heating elements, left-side electrochromatic glass, puddle lights, turn-signal indicators and an optional memory feature. An available power-adjustable camper mirror can be extended to a vehicle width of as much as 106 inches (269 cm).

All models have standard dual air bags, with a passenger-side deactivation switch on Regular and Extended Cab models to protect small occupants.

Now is a great time to purchase a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado HD! GM has announced a regional incentive that is running 02/06/04 through 03/31/04, which allows cash rebates of $2500 or 0.0% APR financing for 60 months, or 2.9% for 72 months for qualified buyers. Alternatively GM has a combination incentive which would allow $1000 AND 2.9% APR financing for 60 months or $1000 AND 4.9% for 72 months for qualified buyers. Please keep in mind that incentive eligibility is based on a number of factors including program dates, credit approval and geographical residency. Please check with your dealer for further details.

Kinda useless. I guess I will have to wait until this summer. Why can't I just be rich?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wow, that was an awful lot to say about something you didn't ask! Can you say "marketing BS"?

·
Registered
338 Posts
i had a 75 ford years ago color was mexicalli red had a canopy wanted to color match i couldnt get the color code of the truck after some time of tracking it found out it was the same as 56 chevy comeption ornage go figuar got a quart and painted it matched perfect

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
One thing I never liked about GM was there crappy color selection. I think if you look at the colors now and colors 5 years ago, 10 years ago, 15, 20, there pretty much your regular cookie cutter colors. Red, maroon red,blue, dark green,and of course black and white.

I'm not saying that once in a while they dont put out a nice shade of a color like sunset orange or my old 93's teal green but it's not often enough.

How about a nice put your sunglass's on YELLOW. Or a nice ruby red like the 93 vettes had or a nice shade of red like the dodge's. Any one remember the dodges sublime or pantherpink? It may not be your cup of tea but you noticed it didn't you? Except for the arrival blue this year there's really nothing diffrent.

I'm not saying that I like every color out there for a Chevy truck but I just think there should be the option of more indaviuality(sp). And a larger color selection at least a couple of different shades of a color every year.

Just my .02 Edited by: Diesel Dragon

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Orange will look good, IMHO you gotta have the black fender flares to break it up. According to my dealer, if a special color is ordered there is a min of 5 to get it done. I know that there have been cases on the net where people got a group to order a special color and got it done. My dealer has ordered 5 for themselves of some bright a$$ yellow. Good luck. Maybe I'll be ready for another truck by then, I will certainly want ORANGE!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I think orange is pretty sweet, my dealer has a colorado and a grand am in a sorta bronze orange color that I like. I have seen a full size silverado 1500 that color too one night, from another town.. So maybe they made some that color already.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree to all,

Stove, your truck looks awesome. Too bad I can't find a CC D/A with 0 miles on it like that. The black fender flares help out more than I though and it looks like that would be mandatory. I hope that Sunburst Orange will be available for the 05 season, but if not, maybe there are 4 other people who would be interested in it. I guess that would be slightly more than the 8-10 weeks waiting period, but it would be unique. Thanks for all of your replies. It is nice to know what other people think about that color.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I like the looks of this orange. Almost bought an '01 half ton step side 4X4 to replace my wifes truck, it was a new left over that was still at the dealer in May or Jun 02. It was the only one that dealer ever had, couldn't give it away. With demand like that, at least around here, I don't think I'll be getting a new orange HD anytime soon.

Ended up buying my Dmax instead for me. The wife still has her 1991.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
If you are gonna special order an orange though, how about true generel lee charger orange?

Along with special order horn and girl in tight cutoffs to ride with you.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The old Hugger Orange but not the new burnt orange color!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I agree.. the sunset orange was unique color. This is a picture of my last baby (truck) when we brought is home from the dealer.

<DIV> </DIV>

·
Registered
80 Posts
Has any one seen summit white with sandbedge on the bottom? I am thinking about painting my new 2004 like that. I feel I need to do something to sparkle up the plain white. Any one have any other Ideas on adding pazazz to plain white?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts