Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a single wheel sb and still have the factory 265's. I was wanting to rims so i could put a wider tire but i have been told not run a wider tire b/c it just creates more friction and the tire doesn't last as long. I was looking at a rim that was 20"X 10" with a 5" backspace and a -12mm offset and the tire company in my town said it wouldn't work because it would put the tire to far out and it would rub. But with my factory tire the truck road walks when i am hooked up to a trailer and i was told a wider tire would fix it but after talking to tire company's and the person selling the rims i am confused at to what will work/ fit and if just a good aftermarket tire will work? plz help need tires asap

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you are looking at putting something on and look big but wear well I recommended some tires on another thread. 295/75/16 toyo AT's. I had them on my 01 with only some minor crank on the bars. These were mounted on my stock rims. With regular rotation I had no cupping or abnormal wear and got 45k out of them and still had 6/32nds left:D

·
Registered
237 Posts
well...what size tire are you going with?
a 305/55r20 would fit on that setup with alot of trimming and cranked bars
a 305/50r20 would fit with much less trimming.

diamo makes a their 16 and 17 karat wheels in the size you want.

i dont know how wider tires would wear faster but....a wide tire on a narrow rim makes the tires wear funny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts