Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are most people dynoing with Hot OJ/Attitude.

Am I losing any HP because of the fact that I have a stock exhaust and a CA emissions truck. I run either a.) Juice / Attitude or b.) Power Pup at 90hp setting or C.) PowerPup at 90, and Juice at 55hp.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Or stock transmission

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock Transmission = good for like 900rwhp/2300rwtq ;)

Im either getting a Suncoast Stage III or a TTS Converter and Transgo kit soon.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Kennedy said:
Or stock transmission

Have these tranny guys got you in their pocket? It seems like every time someone mentions mods here lately you chime in with a comment insinuating they need the tranny beefed up.

I know I am living on borrowed time and that my tranny could go on me tomorrow, But with 58,000 hard miles (Not as hard as Mac) and power mods for nearly the whole 58,000 miles, with 1 full fleged limp and 50+ zings. Ol` Allison, well she just keeps singing along.

I understand that an after market beefed up tranny is in the cards for my truck one of these days. But come on; Some of these guys have 04`s with less then 5,000 miles. I think most of them should not have to worry about the tranny for quite some time.

This is just my take on it!

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
depends on how aggressive you drive........a stack of any kind is almost detrimental........Mike you would love the power you are missing in fifth

hot juice/ attitude 145 has been making 400+ rwhpEdited by: sdaver

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
hot juice with attitude constintely gets me an additional 180-184 hp

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
hdmax said:
Kennedy said:
Or stock transmission

Have these tranny guys got you in their pocket? It seems like every time someone mentions mods here lately you chime in with a comment insinuating they need the tranny beefed up.

I know I am living on borrowed time and that my tranny could go on me tomorrow, But with 58,000 hard miles (Not as hard as Mac) and power mods for nearly the whole 58,000 miles, with 1 full fleged limp and 50+ zings. Ol` Allison, well she just keeps singing along.

I understand that an after market beefed up tranny is in the cards for my truck one of these days. But come on; Some of these guys have 04`s with less then 5,000 miles. I think most of them should not have to worry about the tranny for quite some time.

This is just my take on it!

You can take it for what it's worth or not, I don't give a rat's...

Those who know me well know I wouldn't suggest it if it wasn't necessary. The power market is way ahead of the stock Allison's abilities pure and simple. Modulated boxes will protect against serious damage, and yes, she'll almost always get you home, but each time you cross the line, you degrade the holding capability of the component that slips.

To date excluding my own stuff, I've sold a whopping 2 converter w/shift kits, and 2 complete exchange transmissions. I don't believe ANY of these sales were in 2004. Transmission parts are NOT a major part of my business.

Year to date, I've spoken with no less than several HUNDRED callers about boosting power and beefing transmissions. Truth be told, I often wonder if it's worth doing the transmission thing. It would be simpler to refer them off and move on to the next caller. I typically suggest staying with a milder box and one with transmission protect vs. spending $3k plus on transmission stuff.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
All I can add is I was one surprised how well my tranny looked .... I believe I had a Converter slipping issue more so then clutches .... Could have been all them holeshots.....

One thing is for certain I was NOT getting all the power to the ground as it was fading off little by little ... Even the 90 Juice was a OD holding challenge .... Today driving with the Hot Juice is entirely different then previous ...

I say it's completely up to you ,do now or do later ....But if your running a chip better then 100 HP things maybe happening ...

I know changes were being made thru out the upgrades and model year changes to address drivability issues ...

I have no solid proof but some that would make tranny more civilized take the HD out but perhaps weaker when making power ....

I never had a TCM upgrade done,major Hold Out ....

I painted the town my C1's and 2's looked new .... Ask Dieseldragon about his C1 in his 03 ....

Roasted ....I know driving habits play a major role ...

Be prepared,I think is John's ultimate message ....

Mac

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Sorry I came off like I did! I ment it more tongue an cheek, with a little sourness thrown in. but forgot the
&
or
&
Once again I am sorry to have come off in the way I did.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I abused my trans and was very suprised at how well it looked also. I was having major slippage in 5th before though with any box over 100hp. I think it must have been my converter. c1's and c3's didnt look to bad. c2's were black and glazed on the friction and steels were burnt pretty nice.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
sdaver said:
depends on how aggressive you drive........a stack of any kind is almost detrimental........Mike you would love the power you are missing in fifth

hot juice/ attitude 145 has been making 400+ rwhp

I do envy you, heartbeatcanada, mackin, and others with a built transmission to handle the power. But at this time I need to get the most from what I have now. Besides that, I hate the thought of throwing a good tranny
away for a much better one

·
Registered
795 Posts
Those who have "big" power adders on their Duramax and don't have a "built tranny" need to drive a truck with one. Period

I had hot Juice (no Attitude) for a year before I had the tranny built. I never knew what I was missing.

I grant you though, the built Allison tranny cost more than my race TH 400 tranny in my race/street car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.