Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to severely spank a local DMax owner. He sells VA smartboxes, and the sticker on his tailgate reads " Powered by 465 horsepower Duramax Diesel" He has calculated this horsepower number by adding up the manufacture claims of his Duramax,Va 110, AFE stage 2, and 4" exhaust. We all laugh at him here at work, so now he wants to race me. I dont want to beat him. I want to make him cry. I am curious how my HJ will stack with any of the tunes in a Quad tow programmer. I don't intend to run this all the time, just one spanking. Any horsepower/torque #'s? So I can tell him what he just got beat by
Thanks, Ben.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Max Payne said:
I need to severely spank a local DMax owner. He sells VA smartboxes, and the sticker on his tailgate reads " Powered by 465 horsepower Duramax Diesel" He has calculated this horsepower number by adding up the manufacture claims of his Duramax,Va 110, AFE stage 2, and 4" exhaust. We all laugh at him here at work, so now he wants to race me. I dont want to beat him. I want to make him cry. I am curious how my HJ will stack with any of the tunes in a Quad tow programmer. I don't intend to run this all the time, just one spanking. Any horsepower/torque #'s? So I can tell him what he just got beat by
Thanks, Ben.
Your laughing at him at work ..... Stop it ,give him the URL here ,we can help ..... Or is he already here ??

Your HOT juice alone will beat him .... The HOT Juice and Quad play quite nice together .... As you can see in my SIG that's a true RWHP on a Dynojet, Comp and Quad .... "If" you'd like to take the high road it's a 481/861 respectably .... Hot is a tad lower ....

I'd get my paws on a 215 Quad that alone would spank him @ 450/795 ....

Not sure if stacking the 2 would and just might be down right embarrassing ....... to you if you limp it !!!!

You need a bit of time to acclimate the two,trannyless ....

You should just spank him on a empty as possible HOT Juice truck then tell him your HP numbers is under 400 ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
i agree...if you stack you will zing-a-ling and he'll be the one laughing..just ask tony or mac what that's like... play it safe.. if you can lock out 5th gear then you will be good with a hot oj and 110 stack.. but drive it that way for a bit so you get used to it... it will limp easy if you just throw those 2 together and don't let it acclimate... trust me..been there, DUN that... but not for long :)

·
Registered
7,187 Posts
Diesel Power said:
i agree...if you stack you will zing-a-ling and he'll be the one laughing..just ask tony or mac what that's like... play it safe.. if you can lock out 5th gear then you will be good with a hot oj and 110 stack.. but drive it that way for a bit so you get used to it... it will limp easy if you just throw those 2 together and don't let it acclimate... trust me..been there, DUN that... but not for long :)

I know that..........

Try zing-a-ling at part throttle 5th gear......stack at your own risk.

Stacking it once or twice would be OK.............

Make us proud..make him cry.

T
NY

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
lets say i would not wager to much on the hj buy itself, with no other mods done, their is different tunes for the 110va that do better than the hj hands down, trust me, but if it is the stock version 1.7 you might have the edge, but then again he might be lying to you and have the 150 tune, just enought to not limp the tranny, but yet give a wiping, as for his clamed hp, that does seam high, maybe around the 400 hp, my vanaken dealer sent out he said a couple dosen with the wrong version, 150tune, compared to 110,

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
so fred you have actually tried the hot juice?.......hell the sticker alone is worth at least a hundred horse
(be careful) let the tranny acclimate...spank him......

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have actually tried a 150 VA box. I borrowed one from our finance manager here at work, who sells them right out of the finance office. I had to use something while my juice was out being enlarged. I haven't done any side to side comparisons, but my 90 horse juice "felt" faster than any setting on the VA box. I think that since there are no markings or version #s on the VA boxes that maybe it was accidentally confused with a "normal" 110 box. I dunno? I have also driven the finance managers truck with a VA 150 and it doesnt feel that fast either, but it is a HEAVY dually running 38's. He has done one run at the track at 15.5. Our owners son has the 220 Va box on his truck, it is fast for a few seconds until the trans cuts loose. (he had his truck towed home 80 miles on a flatbed the first time it limped, cuz he had no clue, this guy that sold him the box just said "thats why you sign a waiver") I am not trying to start a VA vs. Edge war here, but this is my limited experience with the two. I guess I will just race with the HJ and keep you posted. Thanks for the replies, Ben.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Any version of the 110 VA will give the HJ a very good run or beat it. That is from 1/4 mile experience.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Funny thing about the VA box is they can't give them away .... Valley Fuel (we know who that is) is now selling no reserve auction or purchase now $399 ..... Dollar for dollar ,if it will run with a HJ,what gives ??

Mac

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
<DIV>"so fred you have actually tried the hot juice?.......hell the sticker alone is worth at least a hundred horse
(be careful) let the tranny acclimate...spank him...... "</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>to date i have ridden in someelse truck that had one, but never had one in mine, we did a gtech comparison, where the hj was two tenths faster than the 110 and a tenth or two slower than the 150 tune</DIV>

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
i also see a hj selling at now 430us dollsars, and a reg juice for 360 dollars, not that different in price

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
fredw said:
i also see a hj selling at now 430us dollsars, and a reg juice for 360 dollars, not that different in price
Hook me up with some of them 430 US HJ ..... I'm thinking Attitude Conversion to comp ,courner the market in sales ..... Hell the Attitude in 90 go for around 8 bills,and I'll get the "FREE" comp upgrade from HOT .....I'm Rolling,bring on the girls ....

Mac
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
494 Posts
What gives is a few bad experiences with the old pressure box, but the main reason is pricing. The good old american way if you can make more money selling something else?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
<DIV>"Hook me up with some of them 430 US HJ ..... I'm thinking Attitude Conversion to comp ,courner the market in sales ..... Hell the Attitude in 90 go for around 8 bills,and I'll get the "FREE" comp upgrade from HOT .....I'm Rolling,bring on the girls "\</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>might want to go to ebay quick then, i see the hj sold for 445, final bid and 90 hp juice for last look of 365, also have the 90 plus attitude for 800 dollars(buy it now), </DIV>

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
fredw said:
<div>"Hook me up with some of them 430 US HJ ..... I'm thinking Attitude Conversion to comp ,courner the market in sales ..... Hell the Attitude in 90 go for around 8 bills,and I'll get the "FREE" comp upgrade from HOT .....I'm Rolling,bring on the girls "\</div>
<div> </div>
<div>might want to go to ebay quick then, i see the hj sold for 445, final bid and 90 hp juice for last look of 365, also have the 90 plus attitude for 800 dollars(buy it now), </div>
Pardon me .....

I thought you had a source for new Hot Juice for $ 430 US ....I figured there was money to be made ....

Mac

1 - 15 of 15 Posts