Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a few concerns with the first hot juice so i sent it back and received my new replacment, i now am seeing the same problems as the first one
, one thing is it takes another resoultion to start, i am having a few problems getting use to that, and the other is i am not able to adjust it to level one or level two, 3and 4 work fine but that is it, i called the dealer again, he said he thinks it has to do with the 03es, he has another doing the same thing, i asked what the version is and he said they were received two weeks ago from edge, so their must be others with 03 that have the problems worked out, i am wondering what versions these are thanks

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Fred, I am assuming you don't have the attitude. After you program it to the level you want, start the truck and cycle the tow/haul button a few times, then confirm....sounds goofy but it has been know to work.....if not, I am lost as well.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<DIV>Fred, I am assuming you don't have the attitude. After you program it to the level you want, start the truck and cycle the tow/haul button a few times, then confirm....sounds goofy but it has been know to work.....if not, I am lost as well. </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>i did that tonight, i cycled it at least 20 times, still no luck, i was going to tow in the am but now it does not look like it, how about the starting thing, is that a common thing
</DIV>

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
A few people have said that it takes an extra turn to start....I think it is more truck specific, but to tell the truth, I have had the box on for so long I don't even notice it.

Just to be clear, cycling the t/h button after you programmed....truck running?

·
Registered
210 Posts
A remedy for the extra engine revolution is to wait another second after turning the key "ON", before starting the engine. I was told by a Edge tech a few months ago, the reason for the delay has to do with the extra time needed for the Juice to talk to the TCM/ECM.

For what its worth.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
MOST Edge warranty boxes are remarketed as refurbs (now devoted to the Attitude upgrade campaign) as there was NOTHING wrong with them to begin with.

A little time/diagnosis, and possibly trying another "demo" box would resolve most issues...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Have a hot juice 6.1 that can be somewhat resistant to changing levels if left on a single setting for a good while .... since I satisified to pretty much keep mine on level 1 that hasn't been a problem

Jim

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<DIV>trippin,</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>it looks lke i am a bit northhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh of you like about 2k north, would of been nice tho
alberta</DIV>Edited by: fredw

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Mine never seemed to want to take a tune unless the truck was warm?
Maybe that has to do with the cycling of the key thing?

Now I got an attitude and dont care

1 - 12 of 12 Posts