Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one. I was wondering if anyone has fried their clutches from normal day to day driving with level 3/4 and occasional 5.

Im really dont want an expensive tranny rebuild. I will sell it first.

My tranny is stock.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
I never set any codes with the HJ. I ran it for most of a year. A few times to the track a few burnouts and showing off for friends. I did limp the tranny once after the exhaust Attitude level 5 install. At that point I was afraid I would continue to damage the trans. So I went for the upgrade.

My clutches looked brand new when we took them out to install the ATS kit.

Not a definitive answer just sharing my experiences. I think you will be ok.. IMHO.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What levels did you run most of the time and how did you drive it most of the time?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have run Hot Juice in level 3 for nearly a year with no apparent problems. I have run some in level 4 for those (opportune moments).

However, I am picking up my truck with the new Suncoast stage II tomorrow so I can run more power. The shop says my old clutches still looked very good.

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
i'm assuming Hot Juice no Attitude. I ran the Hot Juice in level 2 for normal driving and Level 4 in the tow haul mode. That way when I wanted to play I could switch to tow/haul and go. Of course if I had some towing to do I would reprogram tow/haul to level 2.

I drive it like a Corvette, including canyon racing. Although I was pretty easy on the whole abusive standing start thing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts