Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gotten some mixed feedback about this from PPE. So I will as you folks.

I am putting a clutch in my truck soon and want the biggest programmer that is offered...no stacks...no efi live.

Supposedly the two tuners have the same power output but the E.T. has no defuel on shifts. I have a manual so would that do me any good? Also one guy at PPE said the E.T. has the option of removing low boost timing so that you can stack. I dont plan on stacking so I cant see that this feature is going to be of any good.

If anyone has any insight on this please let me know. If it is better to run the E.T. vesion please indicate why.

Keep in mind I have a manual truck and plan on lifting while shifting!

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Good questions. I have a hunch as to the answer but will let those more knowledgable express their views first. I simply don't know enough to give, even a remotely accurate answer. It would just be a guess.

I'll keep tabs on this thread just so I know.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i dont believe the e.t. would have any effect on a manual trans, so it would probably be better to get the non e.t. version for money savings.. that is my opinion . i have been wrong before and may be again.. someone will surely let me know..

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that is my thoughts as well. Dan at PPE summed thsii up for me also and said on a manual truck the Hot +2 would do as much as the E.T. version.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Good, it was as I suspected but I didn't want to say something, then you go ahead and get it and I be wrong.

Now you know. :D

C-ya

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks all, I bought a Hot+2 from Racinmike77 for $200 plus my predator.

I plan to run the Hot +2 and a boost stick. Now all I need is gauges, and a lift pump. Clutch is on the way:muahaha:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.