Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been off and on this site for awhile now. Before you ask, I have searched and searched for someone thats had this problem before and yet haven't found it.
So here goes. Bought a 93 599 long block that has about 90,000 on it. Did head gaskets, head bolts, and all top end gaskets, Reman injection pump from Pensacola diesel, Conversion chip from 5068 to 5521. New 60g glows. New ffm. All new timing gears and chain.
Since I got it all back together, the #2 cylinder is misfiring. Swapped injectors around and it stays the same. Did compression check and they range from 300 to 340. I'm seriously at a loss right now. Could the pump bed bad out of the box? Checked for air in the return and none to be seen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Just don't know what else to do.

·
Administrator
18,724 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
What pump did Pensacola give you?

300 is a sign of a tired cylinder.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
What pump did Pensacola give you?
We all know what kind of pump they gave him,,,, Just read up on on them on this site. Quality is very questionable from a dealer who is not a authorized Stanadyne dealer. I'd make sure all the plug wires are on in the correct firing order

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry guys, been a lil busy. I pulled valve cover and checked springs, pushrods, lifters, and rockers. Everything is good. I'm thinking y'all are right about the pump.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well guys, called Pensacola diesel and was told to pull the delivery valve from the old pump and put it in the new one. Sure enough there was no spring in the new one. Definitely worth the 30 mins to check all of them before installing a reman pump.

·
Registered
1995 GMC Suburban
18,115 Posts
Another Pensacola Diesel casualties.
You are like the 5th person recently that comes here with Pensacola IP problem.
Good thing you have not sent the old IP away.
At least, they know how to fix it as DIY but you should get a perfect IP for it, though.

Sounds like, they put an old IP, strip them and put them inside a part cleaner and sell it without testing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts