1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Looks like Hoots been busy in a short time.
Good launch Hoot, but could have been a little faster with building the boost. I guess a week with the truck just isn't enough time to be up to John Force standards.

Brandon- was that at the dyno day you attended??? Nice numbers again by the way. Send some of that air up here would ya

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Them kids gonna be alright over there ??

Kids hell you aren't going to be able to touch that Torque Converter for a week =>Sizzle ....

What did he spray some tack on his tires ??

Mac

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was a 660 HP Dog launch at the dyno day. He did not make quite the boost he wanted but it was impressive nonetheless. I think the air quality dropped a few points here in Georgia yesterday. Daver drove my truck and I think the quote was "God, look at the smoke behind us!".

I did not think the Dodge could hook as good as it did but that sucker came out of the hole quick!
Maybe the tire companies could start marketing the "new" 4WD drag radials.

It is amazing what a 12V with a stoopid pump and twins can do. Jeff Garmon can tune the hell out of the Cummins for sure. The truck has a sweet Suncoast in it too, I think it scared them pretty good down there getting it tuned up though!

I know that you would have to have the Duramax on it's A game to beat that truck.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Thats a NEW Dodge pickup?!?
Doesn't look like one....looks older. Naw...you're pullin our legs.

Tom

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, just yanking some chains. It does match his new sig though. Something about loud sooty pipes saving lives?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
"What did he spray some tack on his tires ?? "

4wd launch..............rolled up the pavement

·
Registered
393 Posts
The launch was alright, he must have done something right without buildin too much boost, cause he got out of the hole in a hurry!!! that was a real good launch in my books!!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Do you all know much about the old 12 valve cummins trucks?? I put a down payment on one yesterday (95 standard cab dually 2wd).. I race my dmax all the time, and in the two dhra races so far here in division 2.. It runs good, though I hate to go too far on a truck that I'm gonna be making payments on for a while.. I'm gonna stick to bracket racing with it, and fix the cummins up to run pro diesel (heads up).. Could you all point me in the best direction to go as far as getting some parts ordered for it.. I've already called suncoast again, now I just need a gameplan for an engine I know practically nothing about.. Suggestions?? I entered this question on the dodge forum and got no responses..

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Morse, to be honest with you, You'd have to check out

Diesel Truck Resource

or

TDR

for in depth Cummins info. This is a GM based site. The other brands just dabble here.

You bought a 12V so you know something. They are the ones that they like to BOMBEdited by: hoot

·
Registered
262 Posts
Morse said:
Do you all know much about the old 12 valve cummins trucks?? I put a down payment on one yesterday (95 standard cab dually 2wd).. I race my dmax all the time, and in the two dhra races so far here in division 2.. It runs good, though I hate to go too far on a truck that I'm gonna be making payments on for a while.. I'm gonna stick to bracket racing with it, and fix the cummins up to run pro diesel (heads up).. Could you all point me in the best direction to go as far as getting some parts ordered for it.. I've already called suncoast again, now I just need a gameplan for an engine I know practically nothing about.. Suggestions?? I entered this question on the dodge forum and got no responses..

What Hoot said (I had suggested TDR, but he beat me to it).

There are a lot of options when it comes the 12 valvers -- a good problem to have. Congrats on the truck -- I might be doing the same...Edited by: Michigana_Joe

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Morse,

Jeff Garmon can lead you in the right direction for a fast truck with the 12V.

866-898-8585 or 770-898-8585

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the info.. Hoot, when you say BOMB, I hope this means load up with power adders.. I don't know much about the cummins.. I've just heard many say the 12 valve is a good platform for big power.. I picked this truck for six grand.. Has a lot of miles, though it's a base for the project.. Seems you can do a lot for a few grand on one.. The tranny is the big chunk..

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
BOMB = Better Off Modified Baby

·
Registered
915 Posts
It's gonna be blowin' smoke very soon.. =)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts