Diesel Place banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
All hooking proves is who weighs more and who has better traction.. Since the OP has a chevy, expect to loose everytime against a dodge or ford. Pointless and stupid IMO

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
true true true, i know that if i hook with a ford or dodge the have more weight. im just waiting for the dummy who thinks there 1500 truck is the ****, and ill just pull them in 2 wheel drive :D prolly will never happen, just wanted to know. and i need to know how if i want other people to do it :D
Dont have your hopes up, i once saw a avalance walk away with a cummins dually. anything can happen.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Dont have your hopes up, i once saw a avalance walk away with a cummins dually. anything can happen.
ha, and you said weight would win everytime :D

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Hooking back to back isn't the smartest thing to do, but it will give you bragging rights if done in front of a bunch of people and of course if you win. Most people who say this is stupid are people who are scared, or can't afford to break things.;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hooking back to back isn't the smartest thing to do, but it will give you bragging rights if done in front of a bunch of people and of course if you win. Most people who say this is stupid are people who are scared, or can't afford to break things.;)
That's awesome!

·
Registered
38 Posts

that's right i'll hook my truck to anything that will let me hook to it big or small

any thing can be fix have fun with it

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Weight and traction are the biggest factors, not horsepower, it really doesnt prove all that much

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
:eek:
Alright, all you dads out there. If it comes down to it, he's gonna do it, so give him tips instead of warning him. Everyone knows it breaks parts, but parts can be fixed or replaced. Some people are into that (like me). He already said he drives like a maniac, anyway. And like Powerhouse said, it doesn't prove anything, but when you win in front of a crowd, its the coolest thing around.

You want a tip about hooking up? The best thing to do is go to YouTube. There are literally thousands of videos of this in action with all kinds of trucks, and you can see the similarities of all the drivers and trucks that win. Tip: the ones that usually lose floor it immediately and do a burnout while being dragged.

And BTW, in that video, is that a gasser Z71 with stacks...Good Lord.:eek:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
:eek:

Alright, all you dads out there. If it comes down to it, he's gonna do it, so give him tips instead of warning him. Everyone knows it breaks parts, but parts can be fixed or replaced. Some people are into that (like me). He already said he drives like a maniac, anyway. And like Powerhouse said, it doesn't prove anything, but when you win in front of a crowd, its the coolest thing around.

You want a tip about hooking up? The best thing to do is go to YouTube. There are literally thousands of videos of this in action with all kinds of trucks, and you can see the similarities of all the drivers and trucks that win. Tip: the ones that usually lose floor it immediately and do a burnout while being dragged.

And BTW, in that video, is that a gasser Z71 with stacks...Good Lord.:eek:
hahaha, thats great

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Don't do it unless you like to replace broken parts. I hooked to my friends 05 Dodge 4dr shrt bed last weekend and he has 35's. He has Bank's stuff on his also. Says he weighs about 7600 compared to my 7k. I know I shouldn't have done it and now that i did, I know now that I definitely shouldn't have. The front right unit bearing was on it's way out according to my one friend who helped me replace the stuff Sunday on his lift.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Theres so many things you should and shouldnt do,but I seen a 1500 extcb sb dodge w/360 drag a 2500 reg cab cummins and a 3500 reg cab dooley v10 dodge.This happened the same night then a boy in a F150 reg cab sb drug the boy in the dodge 1500.So does weight really matter?It helps but ,If I wouldnt have seen it I wouldnt believe it.If u do it use a strap take ur tailgate off in case strap breaks and dont get greedy with the peddle and really turn truck back to stock.Traction is key,like the other guy said a geo could pull a ton truck if he gets his tires spiinin to much.Do it in dirt,no asphalt this is were ya break.But if ya start to hop let out,bout the only way Ive seen drivline parts break in dirt.Have fun

·
Registered
9 Posts
just stay on the brake til they brake the tires loose and slowly creep forward WITHOUT breaking traction...

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
and the truck goes BOOM....and the driver goes SH*T!!:D
It will start wheel hopping first......then BOOM and then the driver goes SH*T!!..:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
set the truck like your pullin sled. if you way more then the other it help high hitch helps. pull on pavement or concrete easier on stuff then dirt. I wouldn't do the just hold your brakes and wait for the other guy to spin if your close in weight and the other guy has a clue you'll loose. and don't overlook anyone you challenge.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.