Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on this? i know it cant be good for just about anything but neither is the way i drive it :D. run into alot of people who think there the ****, and racing has been done. i really wanna show whos who around here.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
it's dumb and pointless try something different

·
Registered
138 Posts
:agreed::badidea: for the love of god, love your truck....

·
Registered
521 Posts
Dont use chain . Use 6in strap .Hitch height and weight dont get over anxious with the power either .NLDP

·
Registered
378 Posts
Any tips on this? i know it cant be good for just about anything but neither is the way i drive it :D. run into alot of people who think there the ****, and racing has been done. i really wanna show whos who around here.
The racing doesn't take care of them?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Dont use chain . Use 6in strap .Hitch height and weight dont get over anxious with the power either .NLDP
We use a heavy cable that's from a rigging setup.

Good advice on technique.

Only part you left out - MAKE SURE YOU VIDEO IT!:D

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Don't do it........if you screw up a stock Ford/Dodge will pull you all over the place. How embarrasing!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
We use a heavy cable that's from a rigging setup.

Good advice on technique.

Only part you left out - MAKE SURE YOU VIDEO IT!:D
Wasn't your brothers lb7 hooked to a black crew cab f350 6.0 psd when the ford shattered a Dana 60 stub shaft?

·
Registered
729 Posts
HOOK HIGH!!! I broke lots of diesel powered hearts w/ my 460 powered F350. hand'em their end first and give'em one hook. Once they hook, throw the tailgate off and hook to the gooseneck ball!!!!!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i always tell people lets hook, and no one ever does. but when someone does, i wanna be able to put them in there place. racing works, just get in more trouble with the cops that way, and i got enough tickets. i would assume torsion springs down, but weight is gonna be your best friend in a pull.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Newer style trucks don't do well at this, a strap is a must no chains. Good luck get some video

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why a strap? or whats wrong with chains?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
You have a better chance winning a race with a Duramax vs. PowerJoke or Cummins, but hooking chains.........Ford and Dodge are heavier. Better chance of dragging your truck! Don't do it.......save yourself the embarrasment!!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
if your going to do it the biggest thing is you want your hitch higher than whoever your pulling against and air down the tires. slow and steady either stay on your throttle or the brakes,

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeh these events are nice for the egos but it really doesnt prove a thing win or lose. I never have based the value off a truck on what I win or lose in drag racing,sled pulling or hooking chains. I am a bit in to truck pulling an do it for fun. If i win great. If I lose thats fine to I do it for the fun off it. GTG with your buddies who love to do the same thing an have a good time. One night I could be first the next night last. Doesnt mean a thing. Or prove anything. If people have such an ego that they think there truck is really something special. Somebody will bring them down to earth very fast. Forget this idea man. Doesnt prove a thing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Guys, remember if not one encourages anyone to do this we won't have anyone to watch and this **** is funny as hell!!! It's a great way to break and wreck a truck and everyone loves a little distruction lol.

Hook high, weight forward, tires down, but the best thing to do is sit back and watch. The true pro's in any game don't do silly embarrasing things like this. That just ruins their class. It's not classy to be cocky.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
true true true, i know that if i hook with a ford or dodge the have more weight. im just waiting for the dummy who thinks there 1500 truck is the ****, and ill just pull them in 2 wheel drive :D prolly will never happen, just wanted to know. and i need to know how if i want other people to do it :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.