Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes,

You can get the same stock overhead console with homelink in it. You have to move the black cover on the slot/bin over and get/move the pad for the interior, though. I have one that was the wrong color (Pewter) that I painted (Shale) that you can have for $100 if you want it. The paint is not holding very well and you may need to take it apart and re-paint it. Easy to dis-assemble as I re-attached the lights and Homelink with screws (stock is melted plastic rivits). If your interested, PM me.

The console originally cost me $344.

·
Registered
511 Posts
YIKES! $344!

I think I really like my clip-on remote now

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Trippin,

I added the homelink module to my '02 console. I'm not sure if the '03 has the long console like my '02, but if it does....it's easy. Heck, you can get a console from any of the 99-up Chevy trucks (including S-10 Blazers---the console door colors were the same) and swap out the doors (very carefully) and wire it up. I bought a Tahoe console on Ebay, it cost me $50, plus after I swapped the doors I can resell the console again... These guys trying to get $220 on up for a simple console like that are nuts.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I jusy pickup up a Overhead Consol out of a 1999 Suburban complete with OnStar Mik, and was wondering what I will have to do to mount it in my 2003 HD Crew Cab. I was told that the holes for the back part should already be under the headliner. I read something about that a few months ago, but can't find it now. I also need to know were to hook up the wires. It has a white black and orange. The black will be ground but not sure what the orange and white are. They have to be lights and power.

Edited by: BIGMoe

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
BigMoe, you bought the full length overhead console?

Black will be ground, orange will be power, and white will be in interior lights. Ground when door is open.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Max Power, yes I got the long one, and I was lucky to find on with grey trim. A friend of mine that works in a GM body shop had it on a shelf he was getting ready to throw out. He said he replaced it becaue the owner said it rattled too much. I am sure I can fix the rattle, our 99 ?Tahoe had the same thing in it, I fixed the rattle in it. Thanks for the wireing directions. I seen one just like the one I got on ebay. The guy from the body shop told me he was sure the holes that the rear of consol goes in are already in the roof. I will check next week. I will let everyone know how it goes.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Let me know how you make out. I've been looking for the smaller one for quite some time. Perhaps I will go with the longer one.

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Yeah, I see them all the time. Was hoping to stay with the factory but don't want to spend $400.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts