Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i dont have the OE winter cover and fter thinking about it there cant be much to keeping my lb7 warm in the winter... what u guys sugest? im betting someone around here has made tehre won cover of some kind that was cheap and works just fine.....

thanks!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
if you really want cheap zip tie a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Just make sure you paint a blue oval on the front :lol:

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
You can get factory ones off Ebay for verry little cash too.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
boondokr;1562880; said:
Just make sure you paint a blue oval on the front :lol:
thats right,,,we don't wanna know it's a chevy behing that cardboard.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I made on for my 1995 suburban, but by the time I got the material and all of the fasteners, then spent the time to make it, it would have been a lot easier and cheaper to buy one. But the one I made looks exactly like I wanted it to, didn't have to settle for someone elses design. You can see it in my garage under the 1995 suburban

·
Registered
596 Posts
Here's my temporary winter cover that's home made, lmao....
Just plow through a big drift, pack it a little bit until desired results are achieved. :D oh yeah, and don't forget to clean off the lights. I just bought a OEM brand new winterfront off ebay for 70 bucks shipped, just have to wait for it to get here.

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
engine block heater

·
Registered
143 Posts
You need to run that engine block heater cord down in the bumper space cut out. I had to add a short piece of home made cord to achieve this goal.Opening and closing the hood has to be a PIA.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have one for an '03-'04 that I don't ever plan on using. Brand new but I won't put it on cause they're fugly.

·
Registered
596 Posts
There's been a time or two I forget that it's open when I unplug and halfway to work have to get out and shut the bouncing hood :eek:. I'll route it out lower eventually when I get a chance sooner or later. Lately it's been a really cold PIA at 6 in the morning.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Although not a d-max. Yesterday I saw a Kenworth T-2000 with one of thsoe windshield covers you use to keep the heat out of your vehicle. At first I thought it was aluminum foil but no just an aluminum foil-like windshield cover. He just used zip ties and bam. A blingtastic winter cover

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
That cord keeps the truck from running away . Got the gmc cover and a woman said it made it look tough , (she liked it ) .

·
Registered
333 Posts
Check to make sure the cord in unwrapped all the way and you should have just enough cord to get the plug out at the corner of the grill. I do not open my hood at all.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I had to cut the loom that holds the 2nd battery leads and heater cord and pull the heater cord out, plenty of cord length to get you out the front of the grill. Make sure to zip tie it at the grill becasue you WILL forget to unplug it as some point.......at least that is what I have heard:p: .
Steve

·
Registered
48 Posts
Home amde winter cover

Do you have an addon billet grill? If so what I did was remove the billet grill wrap material around the grill (in my case black) and reinstall. See what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
That looks cool. Any damage so far?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Winter Front Fit

Thanks, no problems at all. I'll probably pull the bumper cover off soon, as the temps are getting up during the day finally.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
i dont like to run the bumper cover, it just collects crap inside it and puts little scratches in the clearcoat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts