Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just surfin the web and found this---------http://www.a1customs.com/dash_mounted_fuel_control_gm-diesel.htm

and also---------http://www.a1customs.com/dash_mounted_turbo_boost_control_gm_diesel.htm

is it possible? does anyone have any idea how its wired to work and could you rig your own?

·
Super Moderator A Country Boy Can Survive...
14,350 Posts
that stuff is garbage.

That guy is a scam artist, and a very poor one at that.

End of story.

·
respect the DB4 5722....
12,490 Posts
Well, since I first saw this thread, have spent nearly two hours reading and searching...... figured out one thing for sure. Dave you are getting slow, took you more than an hour to respond to this. Green you were probably just in another thread......:D

Throughout this I spent almost an hour on the A1-customs site (this can be bleeped if necessary...lol). Interesting read in a weird sort of way, he spends more time blasting everyone else, than talking about his products. To give equal time, I came back here and checked in the FAQ's.....WOW.

As per usual, read every post (need to do every post about 5 times to understand anything though) and am just stunned. I wish I would have invented the wheel (my names JIM too) but I guess he did.

The best thing is when my brother came in I asked him if he knew "steaksauce"...... he says yes it is in Dave's sig....... so Dave, you need to get a pager to be able to be called anytime. A nice lighted signal in the sky would be good, but somebody else has already built that one too, patent pending.....:D

·
Registered
269 Posts
wow that looks really cool i think i'll order one..... NOT!!! sorry had to stir the pot a little.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
figured it was bs but just checkin. thanks guys. i would buy a chip instead anyway for that price.

·
Registered
324 Posts
So when you buy his "PDC/PMD" relocation kit, you need to buy the "OPS Saver" kit, that has nothing to do with the PDC/PMD system, to get the full ten year warrantee for the PDC/PMD relocation kit. This guy sucks. Hey, his ignition switch saver looks just like his OPS saver!!! He touts his brand of air cleaner to be better than K&N but when looking at his water mist injector, he has a K&N sticker on his air cleaner box. What is up with this guy???

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
So when you buy his "PDC/PMD" relocation kit, you need to buy the "OPS Saver" kit, that has nothing to do with the PDC/PMD system, to get the full ten year warrantee for the PDC/PMD relocation kit. This guy sucks. Hey, his ignition switch saver looks just like his OPS saver!!! He touts his brand of air cleaner to be better than K&N but when looking at his water mist injector, he has a K&N sticker on his air cleaner box. What is up with this guy???
He's Steaksauce. The best psychiatrists in the country couldn't help him.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Fascinating to actually be able to see a mind like that in action .
The scary part is without being forewarned /forearmed theres probably a ton of guys he,s been able to draw into his twisted world .

·
14,350 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
yeah, i know about A-1 from a long time ago. I have a friend that actually bought his PMD relocation kit and his boost and fuel controller kit. My friend said it worked but i have my doubts. My friends truck would throw codes like crazy,defuel, go into limp mode alot. My friend had a 96 K2500 that he eventually traded in for a Duramax.

·
14,350 Posts
The "adjustable fuel control" can't work. The PCM doesn't read the resistor value on the fly. It reads it every 50 key turns or when power.

Short of shutting the engine down, disconnecting your batteries, reconnecting your batteries 15 or so seconds later, and then re-starting the engine, then the ECM will read the resistor value. That's no where near on the fly like he claims.

NOt to mention the resistor value controls a very low percent(figure 5% or so) of the actual fuel output. The resistor was meant to calibrate the pumps to be all roughly the same spec, which is why some trucks have a 1 and an identical truck can have a 5 or a 6.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts