Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WOW...

I just installed my Pyro and Boost gauges on my LBZ today...

The highest boost I have seen is 25, and normal highway driving is like 5-7LBS of boost...

BUT THOSE EGT's!!!

I am running the Power Pup on "Performace" and from a WOT run when merging onto the highway, the EGT's will get well above 1300 on the gauge until I get out of the gas...And when I am crusing on the highway at about 75 they are sitting right around 1000...

At idle they sit between 300-400 and city driving will typically stay less than 800...

Do those temps sound ok? Just seem high for not towing...Can't wait to see what Temps I get when I tow the 18000# 5th wheel...

May have to go back to Tow/Econ mode. :(

I should add I have a 4" Turbo Back MBRP Exhaust...No Kitty here

·
Registered
354 Posts
i am running about the same temps, i have the performance setting but i just added an airraid intake kit and a 5" summit exhaust and mine dropped ALOT fully warmed up its now a tad below 300 (around 260 ish) where as before it was about 400 at idle, WOT up to 90 mph from a stop before was about the same as you above 1300, now it is below 1200 (around 1160 ish). the cat and factory muffler are the EGT killers in these trucks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should add I have a 4" Turbo Back MBRP Exhaust...No Kitty here :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
Personally, with stock exhaust and running a performance tune, it doesnt sound "out of line". My LB7 ran about the same temps on a Predator performance tune with stock exhaust. I had to watch my foot then and I expect to have to do it again as soon as I get a programmer/tuner installed. I'm waiting for the Edge.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please read above ^^ I don't have a stock exhaust :)

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Even without a stock exhaust your EGT's are not out of line for a performance tune with your foot in it.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
when will you have some temps for towing anytime soon

·
Registered
565 Posts
Even without a stock exhaust your EGT's are not out of line for a performance tune with your foot in it.
That was kinda my point too!

·
Registered
397 Posts
You'll just have to watch those long hills when you start towing.

The stock computer won't hardly let you go over 1300.

Some of the guys have "reported" temps in the 1600-1900 range with tuners and drugs.

Doug

·
Registered
1,460 Posts

Some of the guys have "reported" temps in the 1600-1900 range with tuners and drugs.

Doug
1600-1900 you will start to hurt stuff bad if you keep it in that range say bye bye to engine components

·
Registered
5,130 Posts

Doug
I thought stock trucks had seen 1400*-1450* or even more towing with even stock tunes (such as at the pull offs that the diesel page does).

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Those temps seem a bit high. I've got the BD on Performance and hit MAYBE 1250 max cruising at 70 over the Grapevine out of LA. Normal cruise at 70 on the freeway, 5psi boost, I sit right about 700. This is with the TTS 4" catback... expect a little more with the stock system.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Your temps when your in on it seem right but the temps your getting at idle and crusing at 70 seem high to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts