Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys have any info on this turbo? My buddy just brought one over today. It's brand new, never installed. Can a turbo like this be installed on a Dmax?

Nick

·
Registered
812 Posts
I sure tom could make it fit. dave

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol yeah I'm gonna walk into his office tomorrow and tell him I bought it off Ebay. "But Tom, the seller told me it would fit without any mods"):h

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
I dont know if it would flow enough air for a Dmax...its a Cummins turbo designed for 5.9 liters IIRC.

You'd need a special pedestal to mount the turbo too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The HX-40 has a 60mm wheel good until 40 psi but has a smaller shaft that will snap if you bark it much. Its good to about 450 to 525 hp on a dodge. You could put it on a Dmax if you had the pedestal from ATS or BD

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Yes, the stock IHI on the LB7 is very similar in flow to a HX40.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
ahh alright...I just assumed because the Dmax is .7 liters more displacment...sorry for the misinformation :eek:: :)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Compressor flow is similar but the turbine side is a bit bigger in the HX40. It will handle higher PR ratios then the IHI too.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Id use a different (stronger)turbo,the HX40 was originally used on the 8.3 Liter C sereis Cummins. It wasnt ever put on a 5.9 from the factory.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the S300G turbo a "stronger" alternative to the HX-40? The S-300 is what the BD Supermax is based off of I believe.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
This is what I have been told as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the S300G turbo a "stronger" alternative to the HX-40? The S-300 is what the BD Supermax is based off of I believe.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
So it was mentioned that a turbo could be made to fit on our trucks IF a pedastal from ATS or BD were used.

Question is, does ATS or BD sell just their pedestal? If so, at what cost?

C-ya

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Christian Roth of BD posted that they were not selling just the pedestal at this time.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Thanks. Does ATS?

C-ya

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
I don't think they do either.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts