Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help: Does anyone know about the hog exhaust? It turnes the Cat into a 4" cat so you get a 4" downpipe from the turbo back, but maintaines the cat. All I here about is removing the cat, or going with a cat back system. I don't want to remove the cat, but want the peformance from a turbo back unit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the hog exhaust standard muffler and its way too loud and has a bad droan. My truck is an lb7 so it doesnt have a cat which would help to lower the sound level. I didnt notice any performance gain and it didnt lower egt at all.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
im sorry but i have to disagree with you mike diesel...my dad has the 4" hogs stainless exhaust on his 04 lb7 and it sounds just as good as any other exhaust... you are right about it being loud though....i dont think its too loud but the muffler isnt very long and it does talk to ya at times.. imo i think the quality of the kit is good... dad is very happy with it. i have the jegs 4" stainless kit on my truck "i think the hogs and the jegs is the same exact kit" and i like it too. i straight piped my kit and it is louder than my dads. they are both good exhaust systems imo..

sorry to hear about the crapy business that hogs put you through.. both of our systems are 304ss... thats bull crap that they did that to you. i dont blame you for not wanting to do anymore business with them in the future.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I agree the system and hardware is good quality. Other than moving the spare tire it fits well, easy to install and looks good. Ive had several good comments already on the outside sound, deep and powerful sounding. To me the in cab sound has too much droan but my wife and kids like it. It seems to be louder in the drivers seat than the passengers but I guess its just a matter of personal taste on whats too loud or quiet. GMCHD stated he wanted to leave cat in place but was looking for performance gain with front pipe. On my truck I didnt see any improvment in egt or performance, I think most people seeing improvments are removing cat which I didnt have.Leaving the cat in place will make it quieter than mine but I dont think he will see much gain in performance imo. I would install it for the better look and sound over stock but not the performance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hog exhaust

Seems that way to me. Ive been checking my fuel milage as well but so far its about the same. I check it every week so ill know in a couple more weeks how it averages out. Stock exhaust without cat seems to match stock output pretty well. I think if you step up the power quite a bit it would be limited at that point.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i think tou need to have some power to see a increase in performance from a exhaust or an intake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.