Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know for the dual thermostat engines the water pump is a high output. and I can buy one locally for 120$ vs 50$ for a single thermo water pump. what I want to do is use the dual thermo housing off my 98 and install it and a new HO pump on my 95... I guess what I'm asking is the HO a bolt on to the 95 plate?

at the rate this keeps up my 98 is going to turn into a PARTS TRUCK:eek:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I think so,but the fan & clutch is also different. Buy yourself the 99 1/2 /2000 6.5TD 9 blade fan & clutch hub also if your working the truck heavy. JMO

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
nickg, please tell me how you made your remote PMD.Thanks JT

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JT
I unplugged the connection at the PMD cut the wires added in a couple of feet of wire, IIRC there were 6 wires to cut and lengthen. I soldiered and used heat shrink on every connection then covered it all in wire loom. I went to a surplus store and bought a heat sink (10$) drilled and tapped it to mount the PMD on then fastened it just above the tranny cooler behind the grill. I've done two trucks so far and will be doing my 95 next.
I've had to swap PMD for a while till my new one arrived, all I do remove the screws along the top of the grill tip the grill forward reach in and replace the PMD. you just have to keep a spare and the screwdriver in the glove box

·
Registered
163 Posts
I've purchased the Kennedy cooling upgrade. It comes with:

- new HO water pump
- New fitting for the heater line (snap in)
- intake manifold / dual thermostat casting, housing and 180 deg thermostats
- new upper radiator hose
- two new hose clamps for the upper radiator hose

Kit should also include smaller hose between water pump and thermostat housing (~1.25" dia)

Your '98 water pump will bolt right in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts