Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yee Haw this thing rocks. Haven't tried the 145 hp setting yet though. Probably wont until tranny is upgraded. Now she smokes!!!

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I just had mine updated from reg to hot. I am surprised at how much more it smokes in level 5 now. My rice crispies like it!

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
I went to 5 the first 5 minutes. Man did that truck move. Backed off till the tranny learned for the rest of the time.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried the 1/4 mile test on the attitude today in level 4............... 14.6 @ 93. Does that sound right? It sure felt that fast!

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
You'll likely shave a few tenths off that once your tranny adjusts to the power.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The tranny shoulnt have to do to much adjusting since I had a 90hp juice on for a year before I added this, right?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
55hp is a BIG jump. I went from reg juice/attitude to hot juice/attitude and mine took a bit to get used to it. It definately shifts a lot better now then it did the first few runs.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I'm only running it in level 4 because level 5 scares me with my stock tranny. Do you run yours in level 5 with a stock tranny?

·
Registered
429 Posts
1bad01,

I ran the Juice/Attitude for 3k miles then upgraded to the Hot version for another 3k before having my tranny done. I drove in level 4, LBF 3, and defuel on 4-5 shift. I never did any boosted launches, but did drive it fairly hard. My allison clutches all looked good except for the C-3's, which were starting to discolor. Probably could have gone much longer, but thatr much power will eventually get to the stock Allison.

Josh

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
1bad01 said:
Well I'm only running it in level 4 because level 5 scares me with my stock tranny. Do you run yours in level 5 with a stock tranny?
yes but I plan on upgrading the tranny.

·
Registered
95 Posts
How much can you add and leave the tranny stock? I have heard it handles about 125 HP in upgrades, but I'm not clear on how long. What would be a fairly conservative number if you don't want to compromise your tranny reliability (too much)?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
1bad01 said:
Max Power

How much are you planning on doing to the tranny

Gonna go the cheap route. Transgo, new clutches that are needed and torque converter. I just can't bring myself to spend 5k on the tranny in my 9 month old truck.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
bad01, dont be scared, try her out and see what ya think, I have been flogging my tranny for a while now and it still holds my "stock" motor, lol!

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Level 5 (and 4 for that matter) will do one of 2 things:

1 Blow through the transmission and limp it.

2 Not deliver nearly full power.

When the transmission is upgraded, you will see what this program REALLY can do...

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So far the attitude showes no slip in level 4. And I broke down and tried level 5 once and still no slip, but Im sure it would start slipping if I kept using level 5.

How much do I need do to the tranny for level 5?

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
1bad01, that is just showing torque converter slip. Change the attitude to no defuel and run it through 5th geer to the floor. Then you will see slip.

If you just want to use level 5 the transgo should be all you need.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
The HJAT 145 is WAY under-rated from what I have seen. If you have a transmission that holds, it will deliver significantly more than 145

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, will someone fill in the blanks for me?

Level 0 = ?hp

Level 1 = ?hp

Level 2 = ?hp

Level 3 = 90hp?

Level 4 = 120/125hp (depending on who you ask)

Level 5 = 145/150hp (depending on who you ask)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts