Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My factory hitch is getting all buggered up where the pin goes through the receiver. Will GM warranty this you think???????????
I don't want to buy a new hitch if GM will warranty it.
Thanks
DAN

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
Can you define buggered? If it is ovaling due to the hitch pin you are using, I would imagine not.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
yeah buggered up can mean a lot give us some info or a pic would be the best

·
Commissioner Gordon
5,139 Posts
When I attached my TT at Christmas, while 'jacking it up' to install the WD bars I noticed the hitch bend about a good 1/2 inch. That was it for that hitch, installed a Curt class 5; when I removed the stocker I noticed the pin hole was egg shaped (buggered is the technical term) and the hitch was a tad 'warpped'. I'm going to take mine to the dealer (got some friends there) and try to get it warrentied for a spare.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If that hitch is Buggered as you say, Man get something else not stock. Go with a Putnam or something of in the HD range. Then you wont have to worry about it again Just my 2 cents :)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hitches generally all have the same thickness of steel where the pin goes in. Not a defect just something that happens over time. It seems to be worse with a WD hitch because it "floating" in the hitch instead of pushing down hard.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes, they replaced mine under warrenty for the same problem. New hitch is starting to show same signs... stems from loose fit to ball mount IMO.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Replaced many stock hitches for that problem and for them breaking. Been putting 10000lb Draw-tite hitches on them for years now with no come backs for problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts