1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The first thing that comes to mind is WHY? Lets see you back that baby up.

Jim

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Just one more way for people to overload the crap they drive instead of buying enough truck for the job (especially people towing horses behind imports-:t ):rant:

·
Registered
982 Posts
Just one more way for people to overload the crap they drive instead of buying enough truck for the job (especially people towing horses behind imports-:t ):rant:

For some reason that made me envision a honda ridgeline with a 5er attached to it. That would be some scary Sh!t :eek:

·
Registered
239 Posts
You too could own one, just $48.55 a month !!!

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
People gotta use common sense.

I don't think it pivots, from the vehicle.......

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
People gotta use common sense.

I don't think it pivots, from the vehicle.......
I think you're right about the not pivoting. That means the wheel would have the "steer" or you would be sliding it in order to turn. Seams like a night mare on many levels.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I suppose it would be a good idea if you already had a suburban or excursion, and came arcoss a 5er for cheap.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I could see using it to move your 5er or something but I couldn't see traveling across the US with it.

With the high center of gravity pushing forward on a set of single pivoting wheels like that I think even if your braked to hard it would pile up pretty easy on you. I can't believe that thing is legal to use.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Damn, and I just got done putting the fifth wheel hitch in the trunk of the Buick.:rolleyes: :joke:

I read some of the feedback and I just can't seem to believe it. Pulling a 37 footer with 50mph winds and no sway? Hell I gotta dually and I get plenty of sway with 20mph winds. Looks like a :badidea: to me. But what do I know.

Hop

·
Registered
51 Posts
We sell these P.O.S.-:t where i work, they do not pivot, when you turn the tires scrub sideways, also has what I feel is a poor hitch setup:badidea:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ways to get into trouble

:badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea: :badidea:
There are enough ways to get into trouble when towing. This looks like a goat f^^^ waiting for a place to happen.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I wonder if it would be considered another trailer? Most state only allow you to tow one trailer.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
wouldn't even be able to use it in the places i go. all sand

they guys on rv.net in the toyhauler forum came to the same conclusiion that you all did

·
Registered
100 Posts
We were camping at Cowan's Gap SP in PA. last spring. The guy in the campsite accross from ours was using a tow dolly with his 1/2 ton Suburban. He was towing a large (I would say 30+ ft.) trailer. Obviously he was using the tow dolly because the trailer was too heavy for the back end of the Sub even with an weight dist. hitch.

His site was on a slight incline, when he hooked up the trailer and tried to pull it out all he did was spin his tires. He tried and tried finally he just floored the Sub and spun his tires to the top of the hill to where he could reach level ground. :eek: Must have taken him 10 or 15 minutes to get off the site. Total Jury Rig.

No thanks. They just seem like a way to pull a trailer that was not designed to be pulled by your tow vehicle.

·
Registered
459 Posts
That's as funny as a dog wearing one of those plastic cones after going to the vet.

I get laughed at enough. . . don't need to spend $48/mo for everyone to laugh at me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts