Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a dog tonight when it ran into my truck. I was going pretty fast when it hit, and my left wheels both went right over 'em. Well anyhow it looks like my slight front lift and tires might have saved me more damage, but there is a chunk of paint that came off my front valence just in front of the front wheel. Everything else seems to be fine, but it's really dirty so it's hard to tell. My left front fog light went out shortly after hitting the dog, but the glass isn't cracked. Do you guys have any ideas on how to fix the front valence? Can it be spot painted and finished off with a new clear coat? Or does the whoel thing have to come off to repaint it?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
369 Posts
"You" will see it if you spot paint it- but probably nobody else will notice.
I got a local chinese restaurant that would pay well for that dog!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I dont know what to tell you but.......

*Has a moment of silence for the poor dog*

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know what to tell you but.......

*Has a moment of silence for the poor dog*
Ya i felt bad for the dog too. I gotta yellow lab same as what i hit. Oh well the guy appreciated that iw ent back to tell him so that was good. Was his son's dog too. Hopefully that valence won't be too much of a pain to fix. At least the dog was dead pretty much right away so no fiddeling around with an injured dog.

·
Registered
734 Posts
"Everything else seems to be fine, but it's really dirty so it's hard to tell."

Bloody huh? :joke:

I am sure you could get the whole thing painted for pretty close to the same price as a spot paint job. IMO

·
Registered
291 Posts
Yea nothing sadder then seeing poor dog scratch around yelping in pain. But if it was a bull dog that you hit, that would be kinda ironic yet freaky haha

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Glad to see that you did the right thing, for the dog owners sake. I think that the valance can be spot painted easilly, but will take some prep work. A body man that I know says for every square inch that needs touched up, it takes a square foot of work to make it look right.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I deal with a local airbrushing shop for things like that, they do a great job, and usually charge about $100. Check with paintless dent repair places, they usually have links in the body business, outside of the "paint the whole thing" body shops...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts