·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went online with john deere they want 36 a piece for the light bulbs

·
Registered
218 Posts
They found out we are putting them in our trucks so the 10 dollar price is long gone. I got the last stock of my local dealer last winter. Seems like the best place to get em is ebay I still want the high beams. My hir lows lay a very full beam with no dark areas. My stock high beams go further down the road and are only a little brighter but have weak areas to the sides.

·
Banned
3,471 Posts
Whats this about Deere bulbs? How are they special and what do they replace?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
supposedly they are brighter...replace high and low beams...IMO get HIDs

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Just Like

A couple of married old geezers just yackity yaken about anything:D
You two never quit do you?

Take a gander at the stickys in electrical. They're a better bulb for your stock headlights.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
unit are you kidding i hope? he asked a question...and i answered with the knowledge i had...that they are supposedly brighter and go in the lows and highs....i said supposedly because i dont have personaly experience with them so i dont know for fact. and then said to the thread starter IMO to just get HID because for a little bit more $ they are a better investment and will outlast the HIR's and be brighter...THANKS

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
:) none of that haha...but back on topic...how much brighter than stock...worth the extra money...and most importantly:nopics:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
sorry for thread jack camping...good luck on your quest...but i think you might be able to find them cheaper...i will dig around and post back:)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
reading on other forums it looks like JD realized the demand for these and raised there prices...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Ordered my high beams Sunday and there already on there way. 25 bucks apiece and there not getting any cheaper so they will be in my truck soon.

·
Registered
218 Posts
got em today and put em in!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Let us know how you like them and if you think they were worth the $$. I am considering them myself if they get a good review.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I have the HIR's in my high and fogs with 50watt 4300k HID's in the lows. Once the HIR's warm up they look similar to the HID's. Add that to the all on high mod and you light up the road.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I have the HIR's in my high and fogs with 50watt 4300k HID's in the lows. Once the HIR's warm up they look similar to the HID's. Add that to the all on high mod and you light up the road.
I thought I remembered reading that HIR's created too much heat for the fogs. But then again I've read so much about HIR and HId that I think I'm more confused than ever! How are your fog light lenses holding up with the HIR's in there?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts