Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fella's

as you know I always post it..I have 236K miles,lol

They are highway..I put on 146K miles in the 1yr 5months i owned the truck...

I was just wondering. What are the differences..Like what would 236K highways miles be compared to regular? Maybe around 75k regular miles?

Also have a new truck w/ high miles is better becuase everything is still new correct?

I give my truck hell..its droven like i stole it (lol) and it treats me right. Has the same power its always had,and don't have a lick of trouble outta it.

I do plan on drag racing as soon as i get my tranny..so maybe i'll be the high mileage 13sec truck club?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Well, highway miles are like nothing to a truck. No hard acceleration, you're not constantly on and off the gas moderating the throttle, not crazy on the brakes, and you're just cruising along. While cruising along down the highway, you're RPMs are generally low and there is a very small load on the engine while in OD. Stop and go city driving really beats on your vehicle.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Agent Zingard, put down the screwdriver and step away from the ignition. Contact the guy you stole it from and give him the truck back, make sure you tell him the speedo is working just fine.):h

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LMAO....

The Duramax is my whore..she's driven hard and put away dirty,lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know a few trucks like that . . . :grd:

Seriously though, do highway miles really not seem to affect a Duramax that much? I'm still looking into buying one, planning to put 15k+ miles on it a year for at least the next several years, and am wondering what to expect maintenance wise.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well....

change the oil...every 5k....fuel filters every 9-10k....tranny spin on filter every 10k.....grease the front end and such

1 - 6 of 6 Posts