Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 1348 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I figured I would start a thread for really crazy priced 6.5 trucks and Suburbans. There seems to be more all the time. CL or other auction sites all included. Lets see just how crazy they are.
I'll start out with this one I just saw on ebay Chevrolet Other 2500 4WD | eBay Seriously 200,000 miles and $12K:wtf::shake::thumbsdow

Reactions: jrsavoie

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I saw a maroon crew cab dually at Apple Chevrolet in York Pa with window paint of $15,000+. Don't have any other details. Of course I didn't really care to get any more with that price.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Here is my nomination:

1995 silverado 3500 diesel :Insane: :Insane: :Insane:

"i have a 1995 chevy silverado 3500 dually for sale. This truck has the 6.5 turbo diesel with 77k original miles. truck is in like new condition with the dealer carpet protection still on the floor. The truck has aftermarket wheels with 255 85 16 tires with 50% tread. Also has an ss front bumper, cowl hood, aftermarket headlights, and smoked cab lights. The interior has the yukon denali door panels which look much better than factory ones, and it also has the yukon denali rear bumper cover. truck has the pmd relocate and an aftermarket exhaust. email with any questions. thanks $17,500 obo may be interested in trades as well."

And that is without chariot spikes on the front wheels :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Work truck with snow plow
Thought it was a misprint at first, but put in the title and description. Can't see what is so valuable on it.

Just realized it's located in Alaska, but posted in Buffalo.... Wha!?

·
Just Horsing Around
17,557 Posts
Be sure to save the photos from eBay/Craigslist listings and post them directly here guys, as well as copy/paste the description - if you just post links when the ads/auctions are gone so is the ability for everyone to see them. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
Work truck with snow plow
Thought it was a misprint at first, but put in the title and description. Can't see what is so valuable on it.

"For sale is a 1990 GMC 3500. Low miles on new 6.5 Diesel. Banks Turbo. 8'2" Boss U plow. Nice Truck. No rust. $17,000
Located in Delta Junction, Alaska. Delivery available."
Yikes!!!

I added the picture and text from the CL ad.....

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
A vehicle is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. A nice older truck in excellent shape may very well be worth a higher than Blue Book price. It all has to do with the demand for the particular vehicle, which can include such variables as rarity and region. For example, I just recently sold my 1994 K1500 6.5L Blazer for nearly $8,000. It had 207,000 miles, but was in nearly perfect condition. It is also extremely rare, one of only 1,300 made that year. Even at $8,000, I had about 20 people interested in it after I posted it for sale. The first guy to look at it bought it, and he paid full price. When I sent emails saying it was sold out to the other people interested, everyone was disappointed, and several even said they would have offered more. In retrospect, I should have listed it for $10,000.

So as far as crazy prices go, a high price for a sub-par truck makes no sense. But a high price for something very rare in excellent condition is perfectly reasonable.

The Suburban in the first posting of this thread is very nice, but needs to be a bit cleaner inside. Is it worth almost $12,000? Well probably not to me. But to someone who is looking for that exact vehicle in pretty good shape, it might be. After all, its not like you can go buy a new one, and ones found for half that price are likely crap.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is their description and pics from the 95 burb in the 1st post with a crazy price of $12k
ROADSTERS AUTO IS PROUD TO PRESENT FOR SALE THIS VERY MUCH SOUGHT 1995 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN 2500 LS TURBODIESEL 4X4 ! THIS SUBURBAN IS FEATURING GREEN COLOR EXTERIOR ON GRAY CLOTH INTERIOR! WITH 192K ORIGINAL MILES IT LOOKS CLEAN INSIDE AND OUT. IT COMES FULLY LOADED WITH OPTIONS SUCH AS POWER WINDOWS AND LOCKS, POWER MIRRORS, FACTORY AM/FM RADIO WITH TAPE PLAYER, DUAL FRONT AIRBAGS, DUAL, 16 INCH CHROME WHEELS, THIRD ROW SEAT, TOWING PACKAGE AND MANY MORE(SEE THE PICTURES FOR MORE DETAILS)! ALL THE OPTIONS FUNCTION ACCORDINGLY! THE POWERFUL 8 CYCLES 6.5LTURBODIESEL ENGINE RUNS LIKE NEW AND THE 4X4 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION SHIFTS SMOOTHLY INTO GEARS! THE GREEN COLOR EXTERIOR IS IN GOOD AND HEALTHY CONDITION, AND THE GRAY CLOTH INTERIOR HAS BEEN KEPT CLEAN! THE OVERALL CONDITION OF THIS SUBURBAN IS GOOD, AND IT IS PRICED TO SELL QUICK SO DON'T LET IT SLIP AWAY AND CALL MIKE NOW
REMEMBER: YOU ARE BUYING A TOP LOADED USED VEHICLE IN CLEAN CONDITION AT A WHOLESALE PRICE NOT A BRAND NEW ONE!

NOTE: JUST LIKE ANY USED VEHCILE FEW VERY MINOR NICK NACKS DUE TO NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR AND ROAD DEBRIS.

Wholesale price?:wtf:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This one is not the highest but pretty crazy 1994 k3500 diesel crew cab 8ft bed
Here is the description and pics from post#2

This truck has been well taken care of. Was owned by my grandfather before he passed away and was well serviced. It has 175k on the body and less than 40k on reman engine. Has the 6.5 turbo charged diesel engine. 4x4 (6x6 if I may) has engine block heater for those cold mornings. Has airbag on the rear axle for load leveling and extra support for more weight. Has a few dings and scratches but hey...its a classic now. If you go to the dmv you can get COLLECTERS liscence plates and NEVER pay for tabs or plates for the remainder of this trucks life. I love this truck and it has served my family well over the years but being that it is a diesel and more of heavy hauler than I will ever need any more I feel like its time for this truck to move on and fullfill its destiny as a real truck. Not just sit around in my driveway looking like a sad sack.i am open to trades such as a crotchrocket + beater car or truck. Or rocket and cash. Doesnt matter come get this beast out of my driveway!! 6.5k 0b0 I prefer text btw
Note: body damage to dualley fender and no pics of passenger side

Attachments

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
So far I'm voting for the $17,000 one. Unless the market is that much different in Alaska? But even so seems like fuel is not that expensive so lets say you find a $10K truck in the 'lower 48' you are not going to spend $7K on fuel to drive it home unless there are no roads (paved or ice) where you need a truck. In that case maybe $17K would be a bargain.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It is a 5 speed manual and it has custom seats. I paid $10,500 and had about $2,000 in shipping it from Washington State to Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Extremely low miles? What is the high pressure tank under the hood?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
It is a 5 speed manual and it has custom seats. I paid $10,500 and had about $2,000 in shipping it from Washington State to Pennsylvania.
I saw that truck some where when it was for sale, I believe it was on ebay. does it have red and black leather seats?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Here's the one I had posted in another thread. 1999 Chevy 6.5 turbo dually - $14900
1999 Chevy 6.5 diesel 4-wheel drive Turbo. Brand new long block crate motor (not reman. have receipt for motor) , new injector pump, less than 1,000 miles,transmission and transfer case less than 5000 miles ago. Body has 167,135 miles on it. New glow plugs, new starter, new batteries, cold air intake, 100 lb marine injectors, bigger fuel pump, 4" exhaust, boost,exhaust and transmission temp gauges/pillar pod. 22.5 Alcoa semi wheels (machined down for 22" tires) new turbo less than 1000 miles ago, 4 year old paint, 4 " steel cowl induction hood, custom GMC billet grille,tinted windows, HID/halo headlights, LED tail lights, ($1500 worth of lights, curb markers, aftermarket front bumper, leather interior, power windows, new carpet, power locks, 7 " flip out TV, 3 Memphis 10 " subs, 2 amps, I pod hook-ups, goose-neck ball in bed, more extra. It's a head turner. Few small paint chips, but I also have the touch up paint. SERIOUS OFFERS ONLY.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I moved fast and got my suburban for $3700 in better shape with 1/2 the miles of any of the ones I've seen on eBay, with a gm IP under warranty 15k ago to boot, the prices I see make me almost want to sell it, almost

Sent from under the bonnet of some rich guys Porsche

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Here's one from Florida!:hehe:

1998 Chevy 3500 CC 4 wd odometer: 124000 automatic transmission title : clean

I have a 1998 Chevy 3500 CC 8 ft bed dually diesel 4 wd Dark Blue exterior Dark Blue velour interior. Interior has no rips or tears in seats. Has PW PB PS AC ice cold AM/FM cassette /CD Automatic transmission. Truck runs as drives as it should no known issues, Just came back from a trip to Penn and back 2500 miles round trip ran flawlessly. Got 20 mpg round trip. Has the usual scratches and dents associated with an older vehicle. No emails asking if truck is still available if you see the ad truck is still available. No trades for anything at all. CASH only no checks credit cards etc. Located off of I 95 Clear title on hand. Asking $12,750.00 OBO

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm feeling better and better about the deal on my burban. $800 for a 70k mi k2500. Of course it barely ran, needed the fuel systems gone through, and frame welded....

Reactions: Freddyack
1 - 20 of 1348 Posts