Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was normally driving my truck, but I noticed that the oil pressure gauge was reading 75-80. My truck usually reads about 50, is there a problem with it reading so high. What is the normal oil pressure reading for a 6.5. It has never read this high before. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Your 50 psi pressure sounds normal. The pressure sending unit goes bad often, and it can read high pressure when it goes bad. I installed a mechanical gauge in mine. It is more reliable.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
40-45 psi when oil is at normal operating temp, 60-70 psi with cold 15W-40 oil,

You need to cruise by the welcome thread linked in my signature for info how to update your signature

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the pressure sending unit something that is easy to do? How can I fix this problem? Should my truck be driven without the oil pressure gauge working properly? You help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can anyone help? Anything is appreciated

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
OPS is replaceable, on back of the engine center, a little tricky to get at , beside fuel filter but doable, some use a OPS socket, some can't use it, do a search for OPS or oil pressure switch, IIRC there is a thread or 2 with detailed info how to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts