Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im looking for information on high milage duramax's and what people have done to them (or not done)to get them that far...... I am particularly interested in D/A's that have over 200,000 miles on them. I am more interested in 2003s but I realize that the short life they would have lead so far would make it next to impossible to get the miles on it. But the hardened injectors put in late 2002 and 03, are they holding up better? The electical system and DIC of the 2003, has anyone had that go out yet?

Have you done fuel system mods? what?

How is the interior holding up? seats, rattles, creeks?

Electrical systems? wires freying and such....

Rust? anyone got any yet? not from repaired areas? Where?

Performance boxes? impact....?

Broker, in anouther thread, you asked me to start this and you stated would help me out. In no way do I want to start a thread on you proving yourself. Can you show pics of interiors, engine compartments, fenderwells, upgrades to make parts last longer, ect........

I need my truck to make it to the 200 to 250 mark and I know that preparation for this needs to start early. Routine Maintenance is key, but what else....

Thank you to everyone who contributes.

ISNMU

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I know a guy personally that had 200,000 miles on his duramax with a zf 6 speed. The only problems he had were with 2 input shafts on the trans. No injector troubles at all. He pulled with it every day. He hauls cattle with it for a living. He traded it off this summer for a 2003 with the allison.

He gets his fuel bulk and has a 10 micron filter on the bulk tank.

No fuel mods on the truck

Interior looks like new and has no rattles squeaks etc.

No Electrical problems but I wouldn't expect any either.

No rust.

No performance mods.

Stock as stock gets.Edited by: Max Power

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
No rattles? Must be a standard or crew cab. Later! Frank

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Yes it was a Crew Cab. I never rode it it personally but I did ask him that question because I was thinking of getting a crew cab at the time and my extended cab (2001) Squeeked real bad when the truck twisted going in and out of the driveway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts