Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom works at a Chevy dealership and I stopped by to get an oil change (her discout is great). While I was there, I asked the service write-up guy if they do High Idle installs there. He said he never heard of it. He later asked the service mgr about it, which he knew nothing. He looked in his notes to see if there was a bulliten for it, but couldn't find one. As far as he was concerned, anytime you tap into that harness, you would void your warranty, unless he learned otherwise from GM. I told him I would try to get more info if it was approved by GM. Can anyone help me locate a bulliten or something?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Nice Avtar!!
I have that picture set as wallpaper.

Anyway, there is some GM info out there about the high idle...Just as long as you us the proper pin and do a good job I really do not think it should be a issue.

This is my first GM product EVER. I with all this talk a warranty VOIDing it is really leaving me with a unsettled feeling. It is either one of two possibilities...we have a bunch of Chicken Littles(GM owners and service people) running around telling us the 'sky is falling' because they don't know the answer or GM is in fact voiding warranties.

I was kidding around with my friends at the Ford dealership about the void thing...that word never came out of my mouth when I was driving the Blue Oval. But in this site the VOID word is in what seems to be every other post. If GM is voiding there work, then why do people keep going back for more? If my warranty was ever to be voided....that would be the last GM product ever, and everytime I would buy somthing new I would send the corporate office a copy of the title of the other than GM frame.

·
Registered
5 Posts
NoWake200, it all depends on the dealer. I've had 2 PSD's and am here for one reason (among others) because they said a Mag-hytec transmission pan would void the warranty on a trans. that they know is a piece of crap, and all I was trying to do was help the the sh** thing out. Allison offers a deep pan that does the same thing I was trying to do. Go to TheDieselStop.com and you will read PLENTY about warranty issues on Ford diesels. Edited by: EXPSDOWN

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Void warranty huh ??

If you were to install a PTO (power take off ) device would the service manager set in the cab and hold the idle for you ??

Mike Tomac has reported the 04's come with auto high idle that comes on after a period of extended idle ...

There is two wires involved one to the ECM and a 12 volt source either fuse box or some have excited from parking brake lamp feed ...

Mac

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey, Mine said the same thing "Never Heard Of It"

I copied some of the instructions from here and showed the master tech. He seemed excited to try it. I volunteered my truck and he did it for me. Of corse he had it go to a switch. I later changed it to the brake pedel. He also told me the other day the 04's do come with this option.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mackin said:
Mike Tomac has reported the 04's come with auto high idle that comes on after a period of extended idle ...

Mac
Is this in all 04's or just LLY 04's?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Just the LLY's. I was so disappointed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts