Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the 2004 gmc have the high idle all ready on them. the engine is still the lb7.

I pick up my new ride on monday.

2004 gmc d/max, ec,sb,sle

·
Registered
192 Posts
If date on sticker says 09/03 or 11/03 are they both 04's?
Would like to know. We have 2 of them and I'm about to install the high idle on them.
If they have it how do I work it? Like the 02's?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Lave, The new 04s with the LLY have a increased idle for fast warm ups. If the truck comes with the lb7, the idle hasn't changed. I got one of the last lb7's in the auto tranny configurations. Doug

The new set up is supposed to be LLY's with the autos and LB7's with the sticks.

Wait till you get your owner's manual, this ride is more computer than truck! The 30 plus page on "How to fasten the seat belt" makes for gooood reading!Edited by: mpdlt

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone have the gm part number on the high idle kit for the 04's

thnaks patrick

·
Registered
397 Posts
You won't need a "kit" if you get the LLY engine. It come complete with a whole world of gizmo, high idle, varible vane turbo, egr, cat.....

If you get the LB7, I'm clueless, sorry.

Doug

·
Registered
38 Posts
The high idle is a feature on the steering wheel controls on my new '04 LLY. Looking in the manual it says it also can be enabled/disabled with a sequence of depressing the gas and brake pedals.

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thanks Engineer Bill for the following tip. Works GREAT
on a 2004 LB7.

"Just completed my high idle istallation. Installation went very well.... Used the dark green/white wire on the brake switch and connected the wire directly to the C-71 connector on the ECM. I now have 1150, & 1750 RPM high idle. Also tested the cruise and it works fine."

Note that the "dark green/white" wire is closer to teal/white.

Combined with the instructions on Kennedy's website easy and works great.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that the high idle on the LLY will "automatically" engage, as needed; is that the same with the kit mentioned above or is it manually engaged??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts