Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of doing the manual high idle mod on my lly and am stuck at tryiing to get the bottom plug off the ecm. Which way does it come off. I undid the gray plastic lever and thinking it should pull right off but it doesn't. Also, in the kit I bought, I just received a green wire with a end crimped on it. Is this all I need? I thought a pin was supposed to come with also. I'm confusing myself the more I type. Ha ha. You gotta love it. A construction worker working on engines.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Attached Thumbnails

Is this supposed to be included with the kit for high idle b/c I didn't get any of these. What does this do and where does it go if I do need it. BTW, I took that pic from max power's diy but from latter discussion. Thanks.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay I think ur right about the pin, but can anybody tell me how the bottom connector comes off the ecm. It wiggles slightly but am unsure how it comes off. Don't want to break anything. Would like to finish tonight, need truck 4 tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Did you see this statement,
"Here is a picture of the ECM. You need to unplug the bottom of the 3 plugs. There is a tab holding the grey locking lever. You need to push in this tab and then pull the grey lever all the way back.", above the fifth picture?
My 2002 has different ECM connectors, so I'm not familuar with your style.
PM Max Power, (who wrote the instructions I linked), if you still have questions. I'm sure he can help.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I did slide the grey lever, but does it then just pop right off b/c mine sure isn't. Just wondering what I'm missing or if I should just pull harder. I'm pretty good at breaking stuff so trying to be gentle. Gonna go out to shop and yanking some more.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Mine took a little coersion to get it out. Dont pull the wires. Use a flathead screwdriver and see if you can find a little ridge or something to pry it out gently.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay, with enough force i finally got the plug out of the ecm, but in reading max powers diy, it says to remove the pin lock from the other side of the plug. I'm not sure why this step is needed or even what he is talking about. Why can't I just insert my wire in the 6th hole when I pull the plastic cover off the plug. Help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anybody know how to remove the pin lock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts