Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After procrastinating for weeks I finally got this High Idle installed and it works, just like everyone say's. I did get a little out side help from Engineer Bill (Thanks Bill)and all the posts here.

I also got around to installing the front bumper cover for winter. Man was that a P.I.T.A. I sure hope it helps make heat sooner.

Now I can relax and enjoy my truck and winter.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Paul, it feels good to finish a project that works doesn't it.

The help that I got off this site when I installed mine(H.I.) really made a word of difference!

Now you can show it off to all your friends.

·
Registered
463 Posts
NoWake200 said:
The help that I got off this site when I installed mine(H.I.) really made a word of difference!

I couldn't agree more!!!!!

Thank you to every one here for helping out jack-leg, wanna-be mechanics like me!
I wouldn't have even attempted to do these projects without the help I have received from you guys!

Kevin

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yep I used the help from this site to do my High idle too! This place is great and much appreciated. I've never spent so much time on the internet!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
army said:
I've never spent so much time on the internet!

How true is that....I can not get enough

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Pardon my ignorance. What does a high idle do and what is the purpose?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
army said:
Yep I used the help from this site to do my High idle too! This place is great and much appreciated. I've never spent so much time on the internet!

I know It, I look here at least twice a day for new fix's.

I just cant afford to keep up with some of these guy's.

(Not that I would'nt like to)

With any luck, Bilsteins are next

Edited by: PAUL3500

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bronco said:
Pardon my ignorance. What does a high idle do and what is the purpose?

Bronco:

As I understand it, This install allows you to step up the RPM using the PTO option. In doing so, it will warm up the Duramax faster on cold mornings. I am sure others can give you more information.

If you have this option, It really is easy to install operation of it .

·
Registered
2020 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Z71
644 Posts
I just got back from my parts dept. I took the P/Ns from JKs website. I figured the two part numbers were for a 5 pack and a 10 pack of the same pins. The parts guy said that was not the case. He claimed that the P/Ns actually were for the same pin but were used for different sized wire. He produced two pins and sure enough, they look the same except for the wire they take. It is almost imperceivable, but they are different. I bought them both, but have not looked at the ECM connector yet so I could not verify if he gave me the right parts. Do these look like right pins?

Thanks,

KevinEdited by: 2K2AD

·
Registered
149 Posts
Kevin - make sure to solder that connection!

·
Registered
2020 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Z71
644 Posts
Rgr, will do. Thanks!

Kevin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts