Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it is cold enough for me that I want to install the high idle switch to speed AM warm ups. I got what I needed for parts last night. My question is if I am going to use the brake pedal for the switch do I need to put a fuse in line? If so, where should it go? I am using Kennedy's instructions and he suggested a fuse. I am not sure if it is necessary on an existing circuit. Thanks for any input.

Mike

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I would (and did) use a fuse. The fuse should be as close to the brake switch as possible. A 1 or 2 amp will work. It will be fused in the fuse panel as well but if the wire shorts out and you don't use your high idle for a while you wouldn't know. I assume the side effects would be that your torque coverter would not lock up but I am not 100% sure.

·
Registered
285 Posts
So can you use a remote start and preset your high idle? Would you still have a switch for high idle or would the brake pedle be it ?

Thanks

Leonard

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
you can use a remote start if you hook the remote start up. Do a search on remote start and high idle. It has been discussed several times. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

No need for a switch at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts